How do I delete email accounts?

marcmar

Reaction score
It's very easy to delete gmail accounts with the Vortex, but I have AOL accounts that I no longer use that are on my phone. They are simple to install, but impossible to delete. I need to delete them. How do I do it? Help!!!

meagerfindings

Reaction score
Can you delete the account from inside the account & sync settings menu?

Sent from my liberated DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

marcmar

Reaction score
Gave up on this issue....

I couldn't get help from anywhere, including Verizon! I posted this months ago and just got a response today.
I surrendered and got a new phone. Started from scratch!

Thanks anyway!!!

meagerfindings

Reaction score
I'm sad to hear that no one helped you out. I'm trouble shooting my wife's vortex and saw your post. Sorry no one helped!

What phone did you get to replace the vortex?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

marcmar

Reaction score
The Incredible. It has been updated since I got it in July... but I like it. Now there's the Incredible 2. I think very user friendly.

meagerfindings

Reaction score
Awesome marcmar, I'm glad you like your Incredible. Same thing happened to me with the Droid X, I bought it in May and the new one came out a few weeks later... Still love it too though.

KLLew

Reaction score
Still need help on removing first AOL mail account

I have this same issue on a Motorola DroidX and am hoping to bring attention to this issue again in hopes of finding an answer. I am not able to delete the AOL1account from the Account & Sync settings menu because the account is not listed. Oddly, if i add another AOL account through this menu, I AM able to delete it. In case the following detail helps with getting an answer, the AOL1 account was added through the email icon, not through the Accounts &Sync settings menu. Please help!

Last edited: