How do I delete e-mail?

echo6280

Reaction score
It seems like such a simple thing, but in screwing around with my phone the other day I noticed I had about 900 emails in my trash folder. I can't figure out how to empty the file. I just hope I don't have to mark each one individually (about 8 per screen) and do it that way. No...it's not my g-mail account. It's my business email. I have it set to automatically delete the emails from my business account when I delete them on my phone. I guess I didn't realize they were being stored on my phone for eternity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wingdo

Reaction score
It seems like such a simple thing, but in screwing around with my phone the other day I noticed I had about 900 emails in my trash folder. I can't figure out how to empty the file. I just hope I don't have to mark each one individually (about 8 per screen) and do it that way. No...it's not my g-mail account. It's my business email. I have it set to automatically delete the emails from my business account when I delete them on my phone. I guess I didn't realize they were being stored on my phone for eternity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If by business account, you mean Exchange just empty your corporate "deleted items" in Outlook.

OP
echo6280

echo6280

Reaction score
I don't use Outlook and my business email address is just a regular "GO DADDY" website that I set up myself for my business. To be honest I don't now how the exchange thing works. I would assume its more for the large corporate businesses. All I know is about once a day I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on because if I don't, my email stops coming through.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I am having other quirks and a step I took today was to delete two of three accounts that were being syncd w/ my Droid. In turn i went to new windows and logged into the other two acconts via web browsers and their home page. The perk is one step involving odd multiple overkill sessions of deleting the ssssssttttttuuuuuffffff people are determined to forward to you, even though you tell them time and again you worked corporate spam for three years and have dry humor for it. The negative is that you only are notified of incoming if you go look for it. I keep the two open in browser windows. Not really tough on me though because of my serious natured business that goes on in offices in, around, and near me. I didnt buy my droid to sync my mail, so it might bother someone else to go that route. Gmail is still on the droid as the others were. The sync and turning the phone on and off is a new one. Some say a reboot is good for devices on occassion.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
One more tid bit. Removing and readding the account should clear off the 900 messages from your droid too...thats another way....I didnt say that, nor did I say I am aware of a shortcut to purge at once with standard email apps. You should do your homework and search out the other email applications bragged about in the forum. As for me, I really look to emails to be less than a papragraph and not lengthy at all......life is somewhat a constant sales pitch, candy coat or bandade for me.....what I go to emails for is dates, times, places, and faces....so if I kept it after the initial read, I still needed it for its facts. Good luck.