How do I delete applications I don't use?

nwwolf1

Reaction score
So I know how to delete apps I download, just uninstall. But I'm talking apps like corporate calendar which I NEVER use and it is always on when I look at my advanced task killer. There's a couple things I want to get rid of such as that and email, not my gmail account, but email. I just want to delete them to help conserve battery cause service on my campus is HORRIBLE and my phone is always searching for service. So if any one can help me with that I'd really appreciate it as well as give me some tips on how to conserve battery life and if there's a way to turn of 3g that'd be great. Thanks a lot guys!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I know how to delete apps I download, just uninstall. But I'm talking apps like corporate calendar which I NEVER use and it is always on when I look at my advanced task killer. There's a couple things I want to get rid of such as that and email, not my gmail account, but email. I just want to delete them to help conserve battery cause service on my campus is HORRIBLE and my phone is always searching for service. So if any one can help me with that I'd really appreciate it as well as give me some tips on how to conserve battery life and if there's a way to turn of 3g that'd be great. Thanks a lot guys!

Some things that come with the phone installed originally cannot be deleted. Email and Corporate Calendar are a couple of them. I believe you might be able to do this if you root your phone but other then that, you just can't.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can't unless you Root, Even then it's not recommend.
You can rename them so they don't show, But I would not delete them.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Here's the thing: You don't need to kill those services since they are empty.

Android keeps a small footprint in the memory of those services, but it doesn't extend resources to them, since they are not actually being used. They are default services that your phone functions on, so sometimes actually killing the service forces your phone to start them back up, effectively using more resources to restart them.

You cannot remove default applications, you just don't access them. Some of the default applications are required for the phone to function correctly, but the ones that aren't, just don't use them. If you are really concerned about not seeing them, you can always root your phone and rename them so they aren't being read as applications. It's never a good idea to actually remove them in case you need to roll back.

Task killers are a double edge sword. They can be helpful to kill intensive applications from running, but they also kill the services that the phone requires to function.

3G connectivity is automatic, you can't turn it off perse. You can swap between 3G and WiFi but that's about your only option.

Conserving battery life has been discussed many, many times over through the forums, try a search :)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm dumb. I would like to do this, but where on the sdcard do you go about finding the root apps to rename?
Doing a search just led me back here.

mclarryjr

Reaction score
First off they are not on your sdcard they are in /system/app and you can rename them with root explorer which you can buy from the market.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off they are not on your sdcard they are in /system/app and you can rename them with root explorer which you can buy from the market.

Wow, second time today you helped me mclarryjr. :icon_ banana:Thanks again

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just want to delete them to help conserve battery cause service on my campus is HORRIBLE and my phone is always searching for service.
Focus on the bigger battery life issues first. Your coverage issue is probably one of the bigger ones. Searching for service will kill your battery much faster than anything running in the background. You might want to just shut down the Droid in poor coverage areas or switch to airplane mode in places where coverage is that bad.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I just want to delete them to help conserve battery cause service on my campus is HORRIBLE and my phone is always searching for service.
Focus on the bigger battery life issues first. Your coverage issue is probably one of the bigger ones. Searching for service will kill your battery much faster than anything running in the background. You might want to just shut down the Droid in poor coverage areas or switch to airplane mode in places where coverage is that bad.

Not sure if he/she has already done it, but they can try updating their PRL. Sometimes that helps.