How do I delete ApeX 1.4.1 completely?

prncsstoadstool

Reaction score
I have a Droid X. I'm EXTREMELY confused and my head is all over the place with this thing.

I'd like to get rid of ApeX 1.4.1. How would I do that? (I'm sorry if there's a posting about this already. I didn't see it).

I rooted my phone a few months ago and flashed this particular ROM. Today, I used the Terminal Emulator and directions posted on this website to delete the root. Well, when I was just about finished, my phone rebooted randomly (when I tried to go back in it, after typing in 'su', it basically said I didn't have permission). So, I decided to restore everything back to default. Now, it takes forever to restart and it runs sort of slow (or it seems). Also, under settings, it's still saying that I have ApeX 1.4.1 under the build. I just want the original settings.

Please help!! Thanks ahead of time...

turdbogls

Reaction score
you are going to have to SBF. sounds like you got rid of Root, which is not a very good thing to do when you are running a custom ROM. can you get into clockwork mod using droid x bootstrapper? if yes, you can flash the monster 340 zip just like you flashed Apex 1.4.1 and the monster 340 zip will return you to stock, unrooted (i believe) 2.2 froyo.

you will have to do a data wipe, so you might as well just SBF to be safe. check out mydroidworld.com in the droid x section for the correct files and RSD lite.

Also, if you did any reading at all (that sounded dickish, but i wasn't trying to be mean) you would have heard us talking about making a nandroid backup after you root or before you flash a ROM. if you did this, you can get into clockwork recovery, and restore the stock 2.2 froyo Rom and then unroot from there.