How do I delay going to voicemail?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by aaf709, Feb 24, 2012.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Sometimes outside noise drowns out my ringtone (set to max volume) so as soon as I realize it's ringing, I see a "Missed Call" icon. Shortly I get the voicemail from Google Voice.

I would like to increase the length of time the phone is ringing, but can't seem to find a setting in either Phone or Google Voice that'll allow me to do that. Is there one? I've done some searching, but can't seem to find anything.
  2. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

Don't know if this can help you since your sig says you are unrooted, but the build.prop file in /system has a line that determines how long it takes for the ringer to start ringing. Default is 3 seconds (3000 ms) and can be changed to, say 1000 ms, so it would start ringing 2 seconds earlier before going to voicemail. The line is "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000" and it is near the end of the file.
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

He's running .902 unrooted - so no build.prop edits for the OP.

And OP, for your information the reason you need to be rooted to edit build.prop is that you need to be able to push a copy back to the /system folder, which is normally read-only.
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Thanks.

I found that on AT&T or Sprint Android phones dialing *#61# gives a number and the length of delay. Then if you dial *61*1yyyYYYyyyy*11*xx# and putting yourVoicemail# where yYy is and time where xx is will change the time. I thought something like that would be available for Verizon. Ah well.

I also see that on some sites they say if I call 611 they might be able to change it as it is a network thing. Default is 30 seconds. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/82397-rings-before-going-vm.html and https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/451030
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
Search tags for this page
change galaxy s4 voicemail delay

how can i make my phone ring longer before going to voicemai

how do i make my phone ring longer before voicemail samsung
how to make google voice ring longer

how to make samsung galaxy s3 ring longer before going to vo

how to make your phone ring longer before going to voicemail

make google nexus ring longer before going to voicemail android
make google voice ring longer
make my galaxy s 4 ring longer in sprint

make your phone ring for longer before going to voicemail