How do I copy text message "SMS files" into replacement Droid2Global

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ciggy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ciggy

ciggy New Member

Hi. I'm not sure where to post such a request for help other than a Forum with the word "Hacks" in it LOL!
    Background:
    Purchased brand new Droid2 Global in Jan2011. Last week speaker died. I went into Verizon wireless store and they told me speaker was defective and could only mail me a Replacement Droid2 Global phone and they did. Currently I'm in the process of removing/saving apps, downloads, photos etc from brand new Droid2Global and saving them to my PC to put into the Replacement.

My Problem: I can't get my text messages off the old phone. I know they are SMS files but can't find the actual text file location on the phone internal memory or on the SIM card I removed and have it in a USB Reader plugged into my PC.

All I want to do is copy/transfer the entire SMS file folder (if it exists) of all text messages to my SIM card or otherwise. Then take that folder and or each individual SMS file and move it into the Replacement Droid2 Global phone. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE AND HOW TO DO IT?

I already know about how to go into each individual text message, hold on it and the options appear to Open, Delete, Forward,Copy and Protect message. This is not the options I'm seeking nor does it keep the messages per conversation saved TOGETHER. Moreover it will take forever to Forward all of them to an email account as an email message and they aren't text messages in my phone at that point, they are just sent to be saved as an email message only.
    Thanks for any help in advance! I really appreciate it.

Ciggy
  2. derek33

derek33 New Member

have you looked in the market for sms to text which will save your messages to your sd card
  3. ciggy

ciggy New Member

No I hadn't prior to posting for help earlier today. But I did just find this:

Price: $19.99 VeryAndroid SMS Backup is the first smart andriod sms backup and managment software. It can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer, restore sms backup file to any android phone, and also send messages or chat with a friend on computer directly, exactly the same as that you do on your android phone.

Here's the link to the site for it VeryAndroid SMS Backup - Software to backup SMS for Android
    Is that what you mean by something in the Market that will allow me to save my text messages to my microSD card and or to my PC?
    Thanks.
  4. ciggy

ciggy New Member

[FONT=&quot]I also found this old 2010 article that might be another option for me but not sure yet. I'd love to hear anyone's feedback if you've used this SMS Backup with Gmail ...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Back up Your Text Messages to Gmail With SMSBackup [Android][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]posted on April 26, 2010 by Paul Bozzay[/FONT]
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/back-up-text-messages-gmail-smsbackup-android/

The guy describes what this Android app does allowing you to back up text messages using your phone (either manually or automatically) to your Gmail account. At the end of this article, he goes over a few user cases that he personally found useful that folks may not think of right out of the box.
  5. ciggy

ciggy New Member

Well I think I found the Android Market backup I'm going to use that literally does everything including bookmark backups which I've been looking for as well. Here's the 411...
    MyBackup Pro- by Rerware, LLC

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&feature=more_from_developer
    The #1 backup application for Android. Secure your data with MyBackup Pro.Supports All Android Mobile Devices and Phones: HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, etc...
    Backup (with schedule option) to our online secure servers, or SD card, your Applications, Photos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, and more...
    Restore your backups on your existing or new phone.
    View your data and application backups online, by logging into the Web Viewer at www.RerWare.com MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
  6. derek33

derek33 New Member

yea that app will put them to a file on your sd card and then you can get them from there. also there is another app that sends them to your gmail or email account to save there its called sms backup + made byjan berkel great app to have.
Search tags for this page

access text messages in internal memory

droid messaging folder won't copy to pc

droid x messaging folder won't copy

how to get text messageson sim card for droid x2
how to transfer messages to a replacement andriod phone

htc one x plus text message backup file location

htc sms backup reader

motorola droid 2 export sms to phone from sim

sms file locations on droid 3

transfer messages to sd card thunderbolt

what folder holds your text messages