How do I copy files on and off the phone like my Razr Maxx?

ngt

Reaction score
Sick of all of this synchronizing bullsh**. All I want to do is plug my phone into my computer and be able to transfer files on and off of the phone like it's windows explorer or whatever. On my razr maxx, they were just files. Open "my computer" find the phone, find the dcim folder, copy the videos or whatever, paste them to my desktop. How do I do that with an s5? Is there an app I can get for this? This sync stuff is stupid. I just want it to work like two computers or whatever. HELP PLEASE! So many things I could do, that I can't now. Upgrade your phone, downgrade the usability. :(

thanks!

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
so I turned on usb debugging, it says "found new hardware" on the laptop, but asks for an install CD to get it working. Is there something I can download to get past this?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
so I turned on usb debugging, it says "found new hardware" on the laptop, but asks for an install CD to get it working. Is there something I can download to get past this?

If you cancel that prompt, can you see the S5 in File Manager?

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I found some info. I'm running Windows 8. No additional drivers were necessary. Could try restarting both devices. If that doesn't work check link below. I did use Kies with my S3.

Get the most recent version of Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers and ADB | AndroMods

I only have windows xp (refuse to give it up) so I'll try my dad's laptop when I head to the folk's house for father's day dinner.

After I cancel the prompt, I get the same stuff in windows explorer that I had before. No access to anything on the "phone" but only very minimum access to things on the CD card. Just via the "data" and "media" files.