How do i COMPLETELY WIPE Droid?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I'm tired of my phone being slower than everyone elses, my friends stock 2.1 phone is faster than my LFY 1.41 with 1ghz kernel, its way snappier. My droid has been slower every since my first failed root attempt, and I am very keen to tell since I have been playing FPS for ten years and can tell when there is slowdown....so I want to start fresh, how do I do that?

OP
AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Doesnt work because of my custom recovery....and there was an option to wipe in my recovery, but I did it, rebooted phone, and my blue theme was there to greet me!

So I just did a nandriod backup to await some answers....and I really hope this will fix it because of tired of my friends stupid unmodded droid being faster than mine. And don't tell me it isnt because I have a very keen eye!

cromo8

Reaction score
you know what i think, this is what you should do, try a new rom such as SS or Lithmod, wipe data and cache about three times then see if your phone is more responsive, if so then that was your problem if not then your phone might just not be fit to handle it, you and your friend could both be running stock 2.1 but yours might be better than his performance wise, every phone althought built the same, works different

OP
AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
you know what i think, this is what you should do, try a new rom such as SS or Lithmod, wipe data and cache about three times then see if your phone is more responsive, if so then that was your problem if not then your phone might just not be fit to handle it, you and your friend could both be running stock 2.1 but yours might be better than his performance wise, every phone althought built the same, works different
Was thinking of that too. Maybe something is wrong with my wipe data or something, i can do cache cleaner a few times, but when I check in ROM manager wipe data, i always still have my music and pictures

cromo8

Reaction score
well anything on your sd card is not affected, this deletes all app data in your phone, deletes all messages and applications off your phone, deletes contacts unless synced with your google account, essentially cleans up your phone to not have any remainin lets call it "dirty data"

also if you turn your phone off hold power and x key you should be able to do it straight from there