How do I clean up my phone?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the thread where someone helped me out on this, but I asked about speeding up my phone, and I think it had something to do with clearing the cache, not doing an actual FDR. It had something to do with booting into recovery, then selecting some option, but I cannot remember what it was. Anyone?

I was also told that it didn't clear out any passwords, either, which is perfect.

chuckr01

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the thread where someone helped me out on this, but I asked about speeding up my phone, and I think it had something to do with clearing the cache, not doing an actual FDR. It had something to do with booting into recovery, then selecting some option, but I cannot remember what it was. Anyone?

I was also told that it didn't clear out any passwords, either, which is perfect.

Look at the Clearing your cache thread in the Stickies at the top of this forum. The first post is pretty clear on how to get to Recovery mode and then select Clear Cache. Hitting all the buttons is tricky, especially if your phone is in a case. It might take a couple of tries to get it right. If I ever get the JB upgrade I will probably try this, still waiting for it.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Look at the Clearing your cache thread in the Stickies at the top of this forum. The first post is pretty clear on how to get to Recovery mode and then select Clear Cache. Hitting all the buttons is tricky, especially if your phone is in a case. It might take a couple of tries to get it right. If I ever get the JB upgrade I will probably try this, still waiting for it.

Thanks. It's actually "Wipe Cache Partition".

Step 4 on this thread, as you mention, pressing the buttons is difficult. It's not. At first, I was having trouble when doing this a while ago, but it's not a long press. It's a quick press. That's what I was doing wrong.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I've been using the All-In-One Toolbox app, which is free. It has a clear cache function along with other tools to clean up the phone.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I've been using the All-In-One Toolbox app, which is free. It has a clear cache function along with other tools to clean up the phone.
D'oh! Why didn't I think of that? I've got that and ZDbox on my phone. My phone seems to still be running slow after using the Wipe Cache Partition option so I'll give All-in-One a go.

Edit: My phone appears to be doing a lot of updating right now on apps. Maybe that's the culprit.

chuckr01

Reaction score
Do you all have the Jelly Bean update? I don't have it and can't get it with the System Updates. Has it not made it to Florida or is my phone screwed up?

chuckr01

Reaction score

I have the Super Toolbox app that has a clear cache option too, but do these apps do the Wipe Cache Partition function? I thought they just cleared cache from the various apps on the phone, not that that is a bad thing.