How do I change the screen lock img on Gingerbread for liberty 1.5

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by RK KINGKONG, Feb 9, 2011.

1. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i installed gingerbread blue from the theme selection in the 1.5 rom.
    now this is my thing
    i have a dx running the liberty 1.5 / with gingerbread blue / coming from the tranquility rom/ 928 theme .

1] which is the file thats in the framework that i can change the color of the text in the drop down menu text . i know liberty offers where you can change the text , but i have recently changed the drop down so now you cant see the text cause its black .

BUT MOST IMPORTANT :

2] im trying to change the lock screen images to ones i have edited but i cant see to get them to show . i dont understand why because in previous themes . it was that simple change the images to the ones you want n boom .
    if you can help me id glady appreciate it .

thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I only want to change the lock bars the same way i do any other time , but i cant seem to make it work . where it has anyother time , by swapping the lock bar images . can you help ? here are some images of certain things i changed to my liking but would like to further my add ons if you dont mind helping ?

2. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    sorry i made a thread for this but seem like i may have posted this in the wrong thread elsewhere and was getting no response, so i made my own thread .ive pretty much changed all else i wanted in it . except like in previous themes , i was always able to just swap the images in the framework res drawable hdpi n drawable folder . but i ve dont this with the GINGERBREAD blue and it doesnt change though i took out the regular stock images it comes with , mine dont show but the ones i deleted still do . ?
    i want to swap these stock for the ones above ,

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    would be awesome if anyone could help with this , ive tried contacting the themer but i think he is too busy .

4. 420Man

420Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try using a technique similar to this. I'd try it for you but I'm at work.

Lock Screens – droidpirate.com

If it does work then come back and let us know or I'll try it tonight and let everyone know. It should be a matter of switching out the PNG files you posted with the ones in a zip from Metamorph (make sure you keep the same name as the name of the PNG in the Metamorph zip file).

5. 420Man

420Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a little more research and it looks like you are going to need more icons to do a full theme of your lock screen. You will need a themed version of all 12 of these icons.

[​IMG]

With a little bit of Photoshop work you should be able to rotate the images you have to get the desired effect.

6. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    need help with this , calling out for a themer

yes for sure thanks for the response I have all the images i only posted a few to give an example . i have them all , i changed them all in the framwork res drawable hdpi n drawable folders but like in any other past theme where doing this worked and changed it for me . on this theme its not , Kejar said to me "
    how ever after doing search i come up empty ..all i hear about is AOSP htc etc , but not droid x or where to find it within the file .

7. 420Man

420Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MetaMorph didn't work. IDK how to change the lock screen without knowing more about Liberty's structure.

8. 420Man

420Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know if you find any way to do this. I'll subscribe to this thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    for sure ill post , to hopefully help others since no one seems to answer , i dont know i even posted in the GINGER bread themes thread and nothing , no sweat. I do know that in past themes I always just swap the images in the the framework res both in the drawable hdpi / drawable folders but after doing that here it didnt take . KEJAR mentioned something about this theme using AOSP , but doing research on that im comming up empty

10. chefb

chefb Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I got screamed At for saying something about timeliness......but please keep us posted!

11. UnkleDuke

UnkleDuke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The stock moto framework uses those zz_moto files, but the Liberty/AOSP framework doesn't. The AOSP lockscreen combines all of the other files in the framework with "jog" in the name. Like jog_tab_bar_left_end_normal.9.png for example. I haven't themed the lockscreen yet, but I think you'll have to break up your images to match what's used in the Liberty framework.

12. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    not worried about a time line ,what keeps a site like this afloat is people coming back to learn and teach . p2p there are alot of great guys here whom in the past have taught me everything i know today . but you cant always expect everyone to be the same . we are not all the same . this is a great site by far .questions are not always answered on time , and quite honestly sometimes you might be avoided thats just how it works . im patient , just annoyed that this isnt working for me . i have this GB theme right where i want it all i have to do is get these lock images in and im done . all else is parted from previous JRUMMY themes from the droid 1 and 928 theme . like i take from 4 different themes to make one but all basic image swapping . my theme runs great thanks to the creator of the GB blue , and other various colors that was a great head start . if you look at my images above those are the lock screen images from the 928 theme but in blue . the status notifications are from the frozen yogurt / blueberry from droid 1 . the battery is from chevys rom etc . in the end its all about learning and i dont just leech i also support the site when i can , and devs which im sure jrummy and kejar can vouche . ill wait someone will answer eventually -. but i wont be screamed at thats for certain . ive done nothing wrong

13. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    now we could be getting somewhere together here . ok im not familiar with AOSP . the only images i can find are those located in the regular framework res apk . other than that i dont know where these others you are mentioning are located or anything about this AOSP ,any insight on this . i mean even with the themers consent im willing to release this to everyone when im done

14. RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    for whomever is interested this is what i have so far

15. UnkleDuke

UnkleDuke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AOSP stands for android open source project. It refers to ROMS that are pure android without any manufacturer changes (like blur).

And as far as images go for the lockscreen, I think the framework-res.apk is the only place you need to look.

Search tags for this page
android gingerbread change lock screen wallpaper
gingerbread 2.3 change screen image
gingerbread 2.3 screen lock image

gingerbread change lock screen

gingerbread kilit ekrani
how to change screen lock wallpaper gingerbread
how to make custom gingerbread framework-res
locker gingerbread
screen lock
screenlock