How do I change the password (Google account / Facebook account)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nighthawk700, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recently changed the password on my Facebook account (I thought it was hacked, but it wasn't... still, it's good to change passwords once in a while).

I made the change on my computer. Now I've been looking around my Droid to change the password there so I can reconnect, but the closest option I can find is to remove the account, then re-add. Seems like overkill to change a password.

While I was looking, I checked what I would need to do if I change my Google password for the account I have associated with my Droid (all the apps, my Google Voice, etc.) Looks like the same thing, I'd have to remove the account, then re-add it.

I hope I'm just overlooking something here because it seems more complex than needed, especially for changing the Google password.

Thanks for any information!

2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0

When i recently changed my password, and tried to open gmail or the market it just told me it was wrong and asked me to re-enter it.

3. toddj

toddj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using this logic, maybe you just need to hit the "sync now" button in the facebook account when you hit the menu button. Maybe it will prompt you for a correct password?
    Just a thought.

4. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had tried the "sync now", I just get an error message, no option to change the password.

5. FLE

FLE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am assuming you changed the pw @ the GMAIL site first and not on your phone? Also what program are you using to access facebook? When I got my new droid I changed the pw at the GMAIL site and the Facebook site whe I went to use gmail it i went to accounts and added the account on Facebook I went so sync contacts and it did it for me.

6. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I changed my pw @ the facebook site. I didn't change my Google pw, I'm just asking since it looked like a similar method (menu->settings->accounts & sync) I'm using the Facebook app that came with the phone. (I also use touch.facebook.com)

I don't sync my facebook contacts with my regular contacts, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I just use it to upload picts, etc.

7. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For the heck of it, I tried to turn sync contacts on, for Facebook. I got the following message, "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

When I try to do things in the Facebook app, I get An error has occurred while fetching data. [102/session key invalid or no longer valid]

8. kat13dawg

kat13dawg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to change my gmail password. Just to clarify - once I change it (using my computer), then I go to menu->settings->accounts & sync in my phone to re-enter my new password?

9. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there any way to see what your password is from here? i forgot my password and am still signed in on my phone but since you have to sign in after data wipe/factory reset i cant do that until i find it out. any help? and ive done all the stuff on the google website about recovering passwords but i kinda need it asap and its taking a while

10. MFQLM

MFQLM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just had this problem.
    In order to sync/change your password for any of the accounts that you have apps for (FB, Google, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, any other email or accounts):
    -> Go to Settings
    -> Go to Accounts
    Select the account you need to update.

11. steveg95

steveg95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Change the google password on the droid

This is really stupid. Going to Settings and then Account doesn't get it. I finally noticed a warding triangle in the status bar. Clicking on it gave me the error about logging in and brought up a Captcha screen. Once I entered the correct characters (they were really hard to read) then I was able to enter the new Google password.

Search tags for this page

change facebook password on android

change password on facebook android
facebook change password android
google change facebook password
google reset facebook password
how do i change my facebook password on my android phone
how do i change my password on facebook for android
how to change fb password on android
how to change your facebook password from android phone
how to reset facebook password on android