How do I change the font size not the font type on rooted Droid/Milestone

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Blue1k, May 26, 2010.

1. Blue1k

Blue1k New Member

Hi,

I apologize if I missed this but how do I change the default size font of the Droid/Milestone. I have it rooted and I tried the Font Size app but it makes everything too big.

I would rather keep the fonts as is but just increase their size according to an increment that I choose, and not overwrite with a different font.

Is this possible and does anyone know how? Surely if the Font Size app can change the font scaling so can I.

Much Thanks!!!!
  2. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I do not know how this is done ... but in Windows Mobile when I wanted to do something an app could do I would dump the registry before and after making the change, I would then use windiff or any file comparison tool to find the differences and figure out where in the registry the change was made.

For android, there is no formal registry so I would instead take a full nandroid before and after and then use windiff or something to compare the extracted directories until you find the file that is changed. provided the change takes place in a plaintext file, this is probably guaranteed to solve your problem, but could also be very tedious. If the change is in a binary file then I would take the package (apk maybe?) containing the changed file and decompile it in the before and after nandroid, then run windiff on the two new directories to see what in the dalvik bytecode "source" has changed...

Of course there will be many files that change even though YOU didn't change anything else, there will be things like signal strength fluxuations, battery level, time and date, pretty much everything in /proc (is that even on android? and if it is would it show up in a nandroid? somehow I doubt it since it has no "real" files in it)

and then of course it may just be a huge waste of time and not uncover any of the secrets you want that are hiding in android.. :)
  3. Blue1k

Blue1k New Member

I know the files. There are three ttf files in system for fonts. I just want to know how to edit these files to change the size of the standard ttf fonts.

I just have no idea how to do this. lol

Thanks though for your help :)
  4. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

ttf files themselves contain all the different sizes. short of cracking open the ttfs in a font editor and changing the point sizes manually and then pushing the files back to the phone, you will have to try what I said. If you just increase the sizes of the fonts in the font files themselves, that will result in a system-wide font size increase.
  5. patkrug

patkrug New Member

This may help

I just got my Droid two days ago so I apologize if this is not helpful. I opened an internet explorer session, then pressed the MENU button, then selected "more . . . ". If you click on Settings, then on Set Text Size, you have the option to set the text size from tiny to huge.
Search tags for this page
android 2.1 apps font size
can you change the size of type on a motorola admiral
change system font size android 2.
changing font size on motorola milestone plus
font size in andriod 2.1

how do you change font on milestone

how do you change the font size on droid milestone x
how do you change the text size on milestone3
how to change android default ttf font size

how to change font on motorola milestone

motorola milestone change font size