How do I change my lockscreen in my DX??

ilovechi23

Reaction score
I was trying to find a way to change my lockscreen to something else.... I seen a couple of apps but they seem kinda of cheesy .... I supplied a picture to show what im looking for or similar too.... Thx in advance.. oh im running apex rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App.
aefe3482-b631-59c5.jpg

en28so

Reaction score
Have you heard about widget locker? It works great for me. You can put anything you want on your lock screen.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

J

Johnly

Widget locker is great. 2 bucks. I am sure other viable options exist.

detox

Reaction score

There are other ways using ninja morph by extracting framework res apk and editing it with a hex editor. If you google it you should find something. I made a half a$$ YouTube video floating around out there somewhere

sent from my d1

J

Johnly

There are other ways using ninja morph by extracting framework res apk and editing it with a hex editor. If you google it you should find something. I made a half a$$ YouTube video floating around out there somewhere

sent from my d1
Friggin awesome dude.

OP
ilovechi23

ilovechi23

Reaction score
@en28so... will widget locker change the way the locker look???
@detox .... how is that way done?

detox

Reaction score
are you trying to change your sliders? your pic? banner text? youre lockscreen pic should be your wallpaper. the only way to change that is to change your wallpaper. if you want to change your banner text, i found a post i had from previous thread:

Okay...if you want to change you banner you will need to download ninja morph to your phone and you will need a hex editor on your pc or laptop(I use HxD)

Now open ninja morph app and press start checks-selct new project-select system-select framework-select framework-res.apk. it will extract this file. After file extracts press you back button once and remain here. You will be back to this shortly

Plug your phone into computer or laptop and veiw sd card contents. Select android themes-select workspace-select frameworkresapk-select res- select xml- highlight and drag eri file to your desktop. Do not close this. You will be dragging your eri file back.

Open eri file on desktop(will open with hex editor) scroll down while observing the right hand column of the file. Look for the words "VERIZON WIRELESS" or if your dropdown is already changed look for those words( for example ... rubiX focused ...) there is a sixteen letter space you can use to change the text. Do not use more than the sixteen letters provided(it should look like this ...Verizon Wireless...) only change the text. Do not remove the periods! Only the text. Spaces count as characters. If you choose to use less than 16 characters, fill the remaining areas with spaces. Now click save in the upper left hand corner. Drag eri file back. It will prompt you saying file already exists. Replace the eri file with the new one. Disconnect phone from pc and let sd card mount.

Now back to ninja morph app... open app(should still be open) and click finish project. Choose the framework-resapk file. File will upload to your phone. After file uploads it will prompt you to to accept changes that were made( I believe there are three or 4 prompts. Once you accept the changes it will ask you if you would like to delete/cleanup this project. Just sit here for a second and your phone will auto reboot. When reboot is finished you should see your newly updated text in your lockscreen and dropdown. You are finished. Congrats

Edit: if you do not do this correctly, everything will keep fc'ing on you. Make sure you make a nandroid before doing this. If you do keep getting fc's and a nandroid does not fix this try wiping data and cache. If that doesn't work try your handy dandy system only sbf. I've had to sbf my phone about 20 times since sept-oct so I've become quite the pro. Lol. Try this at your own risk! I do not accept responsibility for anything that happens to your phone during this process. I have done this around 30 times every time with success but once(my first)leading me to sbf. Just be aware of what could possibly be

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
ilovechi23

ilovechi23

Reaction score
@detox.... Thx for the info but I was trying to change the actual sliders ... sorry for the confusing

en28so

Reaction score
@en28so... will widget locker change the way the locker look???
@detox .... how is that way done?
Yes it does. You can actually put up to four sliders if you want. Each slider can open different things. I have two : one to unlock and the other to open the camera.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

OP
ilovechi23

ilovechi23

Reaction score
Thx every one....found the thread on xda.... using widget locker and its exactly what I wanted