How do change Gmail Password on Phone??

pl4tinum

Reaction score
It may ask you on it's own, I'm not sure.

If not you can always remove and re-add the account from the Settings | Accounts menu.

OP
rockandrollacdc
Reaction score
I ended up clicking on the notifaction and it then asked me for my password. It seams to be now working

eplanting

Reaction score
Easiest solution, though it makes no sense why it works...

In order to enter in your new password for your gmail account, open up the market app do a search, it will prompt you for a gmail password (no idea why) enter in your new gmail password. done.

ken545

Reaction score
Yep, this worked for me. I reset my Gmail password on my computer, could not get into my Gmail on my Droid. I did like you suggested and went into the Market, if prompted me for my password, entered the new password and got into the Market and also my Gmail.

Thank you for the tip

Ken:)

Nolan

Reaction score
Curly characters

Each time I try to do this, I get the curly characters. I've typed in 50 of them and they still just keep coming up curly characters rather than letting me enter the password....any suggestions?

tno

Reaction score
Htting the same boat, someone in China is POP3'ing my account so I don't want to change my password back! Help!

Nolan

Reaction score
Called Verizon and did a full factory reset. Found that my apps and contact list came back and all is well. Used my google login and password during the reset. Phone works well now and all apps came back.

SWJED

Reaction score
Know that I'm late to this thread, but this just happened to me (changed G-mail pswd on my computer and got locked out of my Google account on my Droid). I tried several of the recommended solutions (here and on other forums) with no luck. Using the "Market" technique I too got the curly verification from hell and gave up after dozens of attempts. Then this morning I tried it once again (accessing the Market and using new G-Mail pswd) and presto, one try with no "curly" verification - everything is working now including G-mail.