How did you hear about DroidForums.net? - Android Forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by wicked, Apr 25, 2013.

1. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +520
    We are always interested in finding out how you found our site.

If you can please let us know if you found us on another forum, via Social media (twitter, facebook etc.) Google or Bing or a friend perhaps? Or any other method.

This helps us determine what areas seem to be working for us (as far as letting people know about us) or what areas we made need to work on to help get the word out.

Thanks! ;)

2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    I discovered DF back in 2010 when I had my og droid... had heard about the ability to root, did a Google search, discovered many sites but this is the one I followed...because it was the most supportive, friendly, helpful and non-threatening for newbies. After lots of reading, rooting and following, I finally registered and eventually started contributing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

3. sparkyman

sparkyman Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I discovered DF when I had my Eris and d2. Gosh those were good times . waiting all night for jrummy to release a rom. Then it turned into him and kejar. Then liberty. Jrummy is who got me into deving. I owe df and jrummy and kejar alot. Thanks guys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +603
    It must've been Google that lead me here. Back when I had my D1 & looking for a way to root it. It was Motocache1's thread & the friendly atmosphere that made me join. And I never looked back.

Tapped from a Nexus

• Like Like x 1
  5. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +29
    I googled droid ROMs root. . .

It was the most friendly after being at a different site for the eris for a few months. I can't even remember that sites name. Things were a lot different back then. A lot different.

6. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +11
    My AP psychology teacher saw me texting in class one day and stopped everything because I had the latest and greatest phone at the time (Droid X). And he told me everything I could do with it do I of course was I interested. He sent me a link on how to get started and bam. This is where it brought me.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

7. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +13
    A buddy of mine at the firehouse told me about rooting and ROMing on his eris. He said I could do it on my droid. I searched google and found the droid forums. After what seemed like many hours of reading everything three times and sweating through the actual (and easy) rooting process I never looked back. I played with so many ROMs I don't even remember what the phone first looked like.

8. fyrefly

fyrefly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to research how do I unlock droid x security home screen lock. And I also would like to learn usages and make the best of my samsung galaxy s3. This is green I wasn't expecting all this.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2.

9. fyrefly

fyrefly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't you supposed to get an avatar do you have to make one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

10. mrantisocialguy

mrantisocialguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found droidforums.net through a Google search while researching smart phones because if my upcoming phone upgrade.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  11. fito_l4

fito_l4 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Years ago my first Android phone was a D2 and a coworker of mine suggested rooting it. After he explained the benefits I decided to do some research on the topic. Did a google search and out of all the forums I found DF had the best explanations, was always on top of the newest ROMs, and had very helpful people that assisted in guiding me during my noob period. Till this day still continues to be my go to whenever I need anything Android related. Thank you to everyone out there.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk

12. fyrefly

fyrefly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having some issues with my samsung galaxy 3 and I decided that I was going to possibly switch back to my old Droid X verizon for the meantime. My Droid X is locked I installed swipe screen password I needed the extra security As luck would have it I forgot or I swiped the wrong password in the phone and the phone is deactivated. It's prompting me to put in on a gmail address but I no longer have it. Notification says I'm locked out due to too many attemps. I was researching how to bypass the lock screen online, and I came across your website & found it easy to read, direct, and very informatative. I needed more information and I was in a bit of a rush .. I knew Id find more information to help me and if I joined your forum. If you could possibly direct me into the right droid forum that I should be in I would appreciate it. Also..
    I'm having unique problems with my samsung galaxy s3 software snd hardware. I really need to talk to someone who knows a an S3 inside and out and also about application permissions. The technicians at Sprint do not know how to resolve this issue. Unfortunately I have to fix it myself, or buy a new phone with a 2 year contract. Actually before we get into All of that. I wanted to video chat in a form tonight.
    I was wondering if I could get some help with some the apps I might need and what settings and how to get to them. need to install my samsung galaxy 3. I've never video chatted before and I really need to get into the forum. Come to think of it I've never been in a formum besides thiS one do they get full? Can you please direct me to the forum I need to be in to get more information on that. In the meantime I will be surfing and checking out you tube. I'm finding this forum more and more interesting every time I log in.
    Thanks so much I appreciate all the help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

13. Alone

Alone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i when i was searching in web i founded its very very very good thnx for this

14. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I stumbled upon DF while looking up information on Google for my OG Droid. It was my first smartphone and I just wanted to learn about it. I learned about rooting, flashing ROMs, OS updates, etc. early on in my relationship with my OGD. Been rooting and flashing every phone I've had (D1, D2, D3) ever since. DF has been very good to me. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

15. W4Wyvern

W4Wyvern New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I simply find this site by searching on Google.

Search tags for this page
android 4.2.2 custom rom for tecno n3

cm9 for tecno n3

how did you hear about droidforums.net? - android forums

tecno n3 custom rom

use custom rom on tecno n3
xdadeveloper tecno n3 topics