How did you get your Thunderbolt?

kparks

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point, I'm not saying I expect or warrant an upgrade every time a new phone comes out, but for them define policies as black and white without any consideration for the consumer isn't the markings of a good business in my opinion. They have made and will continue to make money off of me and consumers like me, what sets apart those consumer centric carriers is how they are willing to give back to those loyal customers. At one point verizon would bend the "rules" to make customers happy, just like many other carriers currently do, apparently those days are gone. I'm asking them to allow me to give them more money and commit to another two years of their service, which is in fact their desired end state with subsidized pricing.

Good business sense isn't defining a bottom line, but its taking care of those people that pay their hard earned money for your business, and recommend that business to others when they are satisfied.
I've been diligently paying my electric bill for the past 32 years and they haven't given me any breaks or credits when I ask for them. I've been using the Sunoco gas station for the past two years here and I'm a loyal customer. They haven't even offered to wipe my windshield for me.

The bottom line is good business sense is based on each account, not the overall picture. And, I see you are within 2 months of upgrade. As a former VZW employee I can tell you that if you call VZW CS (not a store), when you're about a month away from upgrade there's a chance they will let you, especially if your current equipment is on their last legs.

With your example, if the competing gas station offered clean windows and that same quality Sunoco gas then you'd be able to quickly identify which cared more about the people that came through. I absolutely see where you're coming from though, and I'm not looking for handouts, just disheartened with the direction verizon has gone.

For what its worth, I've spoken to vzw cs multiple times, I was polite with them and they were very professional back, but said there was just no way they could perform the upgrade
just rough it out and try again in a week or 2....i love my thunderbolt tho it does need some bug fixes

bernardino5

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that just keep trying but don't get mad there's other phones coming out this summer you'll probably wish u would of waited don't be disappointed try online.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

tommyz

Reaction score
I was due for and Upgrade in July for my OG Droid. Received a letter for $150.

I was surprised to receive the letter for $150 upgrade to the Thunderbolt.

My account listed July as the earliest I could upgrade the Droid, but the letter from the mail said different.

I decided to give it a try.

I have had the phone for 4 days and I'm happy. With regular use in a 4G area (Chicagoland) I have been getting 9 hours of battery down to 20% before charging.

OP
A

agdaniels

Reaction score

My account listed July as the earliest I could upgrade the Droid, but the letter from the mail said different.

I have had the phone for 4 days and I'm happy. With regular use in a 4G area (Chicagoland) I have been getting 9 hours of battery down to 20% before charging.

Did the letter say why they offered it to you? Thats a killer deal, you're a lucky guy

tommyz

Reaction score

Did the letter say why they offered it to you? Thats a killer deal, you're a lucky guy

Like you said lucky. It didn't state why the offer was given to me. I received it about a month ago and it expired 4/30. It was less of a letter and more of a full color ad for the thunderbolt and 4G.

Reaction score
I got mine out of the back of a van with tinted windows in the back of a Wal-mart parking lot. For $50 new in the box it was a great deal!

JK!

TerrenceL

Reaction score
Yup got mine for 150 cause I live in a 4g area. Chi-town!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

USAFgunner

Reaction score
I have six lines kinda spread out over a two year period...i buy it on the line with the upgrade and then port my number to the new phone. You can do it with *228 or you can call verizon and tell then you want to switch numbers on phones. Pretty easy...if you dont want to pay for data on a line you dont use hang on to an old flip phone or two...although now my 9 year old has a fascinate and my 12 year old has an X now and my wife has a D2...so my bill is a little spendy

Sent from a phone with a kickstand