How did you get Droided?

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I was sitting in my living room when the original Droid commercial game one (the iDont commercial) and I immediately started paying attention. At the end it said Droid Does and that it was something for Verizon (no specific details on the commercial, haha). So I googled it, found it, and started counting down the days. From there I just waited for it to come out.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

jimnutt

Reaction score
I had 4 Touch Pros fail in a month, so just before Christmas I took the last broken Touch Pro into a store and basically let them know I wasn't leaving without a working phone. They wanted to replace it with a TP2, but that would have taken a week so I refused it, then they offered an Imagio, but I really didn't want another WM phone and the Imagio has no keyboard, so I refused it. Finally got them to give me the Droid as a replacement after pointing it that it was essentially the same price as the TP2 and they had it in stock, it did use up my "new every 2 upgrade", but that's ok. My poor wife was just sitting in the corner studiously reading her book, giving off "I don't know him" vibes :).

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a Curve and got tired of the small, low quality screen so I got a Storm. That was a POS (at the time I defended it, but looking back... DO NOT WANT). I was dealing with the Storm until the Storm 2 came out. I was dead set on getting the S2 no matter what.

Then I read the announcement from Google and saw the pics with the Google/Verizon CEOs holding the Droid/Eris in their hands.

From that point on I was dead set on getting the Droid. I had always wanted a Google phone but liked Verizon's service too much, now I'm a happy camper. :D

soyboy

Reaction score
I was holding on to my Moto E815 waiting for Verizon to get a smartphone that I liked. I use Macs at home and I would have gotten an iphone years ago if they were on VZW. As soon as the rumors of the Droid came out I figured my time had come, I went up to the local VZW store the Monday after they came out "just to look". I liked it and I though maybe I will get one later in the week, I started to drive away, then I made a u turn, went back to the store and picked one up.....been happy ever since. Now I am waiting to see what else comes out this spring as I might replace my wifes Treo. Maybe a Droid, maybe a Nexus, maybe one of the newer Motos that will be coming out....time will tell. But I am very happy with my Droid and no matter what comes out, I will still enjoy it through my contract period.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a BB Storm. It was garbage and so was my experience with RIM.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Device

I had a BB Storm ....... Enough said :icon_ devil:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, the storm was the "best" non-wm touchscreen phone that Verizon had IMO even with its screwiness. I'm so glad the Droid came out before I bought the S2.

droiddict

Reaction score
I've had about every version of the iPod and would have gotten an iPhone if they had ever brought it to Verizon. Never had a smart phone but new every 2 came up just before the Droid invasion and fortunately I heard about it before I tried one of the other phones. I think it was the Rogue that I was looking at. Anyway, another happy Droid owner that wouldn't trade it for an iPhone.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Was a BB user and very happy until I tried out the droid for a period of 3 days....Then it hit me....I got Droiditis.....ON the 3rd Day!!!

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
Voyager....contract up in sept....wanted smartphone...researched the heck out of what was coming to verizon, waited for the launch...waited to see what the first rounds of updates would be...played with both the Eris and Droid for hours at the store....then waited to see what HTC was supposed to come out with...saw what the Nexus was going to be, decided to get the Droid with the keyboard...been happy ever since...now waiting for 2.1 and flash! and some better email support for my gmail and imap usage, lol

huskur

Reaction score
Voyager....contract up in sept....wanted smartphone...researched the heck out of what was coming to verizon, waited for the launch...waited to see what the first rounds of updates would be...played with both the Eris and Droid for hours at the store....then waited to see what HTC was supposed to come out with...saw what the Nexus was going to be, decided to get the Droid with the keyboard...been happy ever since...now waiting for 2.1 and flash! and some better email support for my gmail and imap usage, lol

voyager contract up here as well and wanted a smartphone. After looking and learning about various smartphones the droid was the only choice. Love it to death.

Also waiting for 2.1 and flash. Flash more so than the 2.1

JRogers1978

Reaction score
I had the LG Dare which I didn't really care for, maybe mine was defective but the touch screen was horrible!! Anyway, my contract isn't up until November 2010 so my wife, being the blessed angel that she is (thrown in in case she reads this :)), let me get the droid through her upgrade at the end of December! My first smartphone and I'm in love!

phreek

Reaction score
My old phone was a Voyager (contract ending in October '09) and I wanted to get a smart phone. I originally thought about getting a BB, specifically the Storm 2. Then I started hearing about the Droid on Howard's Forum (I didn't even know this forum existed until the middle of November). The more I read, the more I liked. I pre-ordered it and got it the day it came out.

I was pretty much in the same boat this guy was. I was debating between the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the Verizon Droid. I'm glad I went with the Droid!

dro

Reaction score
Well my girlfriend's phone stopped worked after being dropped in one too many drinks, toilets, etc. My contract had been up for over a year which means I had a three year old phone myself. I did a little research, very minimal actually, and noticed a deal for buy one get one Droids. Well, buy a Droid, get an Eris. I remembered seeing some Droid advertising, however I didnt know much nor had I payed attention. All I remembered was I liked the marketing and the name. I went my local Verizon Store and attempted to play with their floor model Droid. I spent about two seconds trying to turn it on, said screw it, and bought it and got the free Eris. I bought this thing without ever trying it, and I only looked at the front of the phone, didn't even inspect it. I didn't slide the slider, press the keys, or touch the screen. I picked it up and knew I wanted it. Love at first sight?

Last edited: