How did Stella Get Her Root Back?

jblanchet

Reaction score
So I will just swallow my pride and put the flame suit on, as I'm sure this has been covered, but I have failed everything i've tried and basically don't know what the hell I'm doing.

My X was rooted with the Sil3ntki11 one-click method back at 2.2, and I was running the blackglass rom. I have rom manager and the bootstrapper and clockworkrecovery installed... Then came .340 ....

I guess I needed to unroot before updating? Anyway, I tried the silentkill root to get my root back, but to no avail. Now i'm sitting with a stock looking phone with the 340 update and no root and not a clue how to get it back.

I tried THIS but at step 3 or 4 it says something about cannot find adb... i've seen references to this adb all the time and i guess it's a part of the sdk? idk anything about that...

I've read stuff about flashing to stock sbf... i don't know what that is either exactly... so i'm leary to try doing it when i don't even know what it means. Is that like returning your phone to a factory state? That's kind of what I want to do, just wipe everything off it to where it's like i just took it out of the original box, and start over. Would 'flashing to stock sbf' do this?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
^ It seems that he's already on stock, to get root back just google around for the z4root 1.3 APK and that should do the trick

OP
J

jblanchet

Reaction score
OP
J

jblanchet

Reaction score
o missed those posts... ok i'll try Z4... haven't tried that yet.

OP
J

jblanchet

Reaction score
At the point in your tutorial KHeeney where I am running Z4... do i choose temporary root or permanent? is there any benefit of permanent? will it screw me up for a future update?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Permanent. Temporary will unroot after reboot I believe.

I need to go back through and edit a few things in there, and I'm looking to add a video tutorial!
Sorry for the confusion!
At the point in your tutorial KHeeney where I am running Z4... do i choose temporary root or permanent? is there any benefit of permanent? will it screw me up for a future update?

Sent from my DROIDX

evltwn72

Reaction score

You want to select permanent root. Don't worry, it will give you the option to un-root if you ever need to.

OP
J

jblanchet

Reaction score
You guys are so frickin awesome and patient with n00bs like me :) Thanks folks, I now have my beloved root back!