how did i loose my root?

pookie025

Reaction score
i was therthing and the whole 9... tried to upload a gingerbread rom from rom manager didnt wipe cache and now i lost the root? wtf!!

ekf028

Reaction score
There are two gb roms floating out there (for the droid x), one is rooted the other is not. To flash the rooted version you have to sbf back to the stock. 340 version, reroot and flash as normal

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mark3748

Reaction score
There's no working GB rom for TB, you won't have any data yet.

The rom you flashed is just missing SU and the superuser app, restore a backup or throw a working rom on in CWR.

OP
P

pookie025

Reaction score
There's no working GB rom for TB, you won't have any data yet.

The rom you flashed is just missing SU and the superuser app, restore a backup or throw a working rom on in CWR.

ROM manager won't allow me to make a new Rom or boot to recovery because its missing root and Su should I just reboot

mkjellgren

Reaction score
First of all there are no GB roms in ROM manager for the tbolt. There is a GB theme for sense roms but no GB roms. As the previous poster said, the only current GB rom is more of a proof of concept at this point than anything else and obviously is not available in ROM manager. To fix your root situation you can try clicking on the problems button in titanium backup to reinstall busybox and upgrade su. If that doesn't work turn the phone off and turn it back on while holding volume down. This should boot you into cwr. From there you should be able to flash a backup.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

sk8

Reaction score
@mk
When I boot to hboot (power and volume down) it goes to the white screen then starts to load the pg05img.zip then asks me if I want to update. do I need to run the update again or remove the pg05img.zip to have access to the other options?

sent from a sweet paper weight.

OP
P

pookie025

Reaction score
@mk
When I boot to hboot (power and volume down) it goes to the white screen then starts to load the pg05img.zip then asks me if I want to update. do I need to run the update again or remove the pg05img.zip to have access to the other options?

any one who has this issue repeat step 7 of the root process

sk8

Reaction score
Thanks pookie, I used the 3 step Windows method. I haven't done anything other than create a backup. I'm wanting to ensure everything is ok before I do anything else.
What do I need to do?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
@mk

Do you have clockwork recovery installed? If so, when you reboot holding power and vol. down scroll down to recovery and hit the power button. That will bring you into clockwork. If you have not installed clockwork and it just starts the update immediately, you will need to repeat the last bit of the rooting process as the previous poster said. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again... ")

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sk8

Reaction score
That's what's weird, clockwork is flashed and I can boot to clockwork via Rom manager. But when using hboot it automatically loads the pg.zip. I renamed the pg.zip to .zip.bak and booted, it checked for the pg.zip then put me back to the main hboot screen and now I can use the options via hboot.