1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How delicate is the screen with no protection?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by rsarno, Jul 19, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno New Member

My wife keeps her phone flopping around in her purse, that doesnt exactly seem like extreme conditions lol.

Is it possible she will be fine with no protective film on her screen? or is the glass super sensitive to scratches?
  2. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic New Member

Get her protection we do not have gorilla glass. Get the screen protection the real one! I love mine.
  3. Lynx

Lynx New Member

My wife got hers on launch and has it in her purse all the time not a scratch on it. You do not need a screen protector for it if you use it for everyday use. Of course, seeing as the screen is glass, it is extremely resistant to many materials, including steel (keys, knives, etc.) and coins (copper, nickle.) However, some stones and rings (tungsten, diamond) will scratch the glass, so be careful not have it in the same pocket with any rings. It goes without saying to be careful to not drop the phone anywhere, especially on rocks.
  4. barbee

barbee New Member

i've had mine since release without a scratch on it. i am fairly careful though mine stays in a g1 slip case mostly
  5. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Work construction so a screen protector is a must. oh and by the way Ohio State BOOOO
  6. EdisonCheug

EdisonCheug New Member

anyway, tell her to take care of it.
    i can't imagine the protective film can be effective for how long time. ;)
  7. waynester

waynester New Member

dont they have about a gazillion pockets?
    Tell...oops, ask , suggest, beg her to put phone in one of the pockets by itself
    * I preordered mine , got it on release day, been naked the entire time (phone, not me) though I do carry it in side holster, no scratches (again the phone not me)
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010