how could droid not have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberrylover

Reaction score
Nice toy but for me composing emails and texts are really difficult with the keyboard…
Also how do you delete or hide shortcuts. Added to your screen?
Is this it? No office, word excel utilities?
No searching capability of thephone itselfd
No to do liasts
No task lists etc.
How does a professional get to enjoy this toy? I guess not

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
One would goto the market and download the app do accomplish the task at hand.
There are many apps that do the same task but with different options.
Everyone has the choice to use the app they want, not what the manufacture or cell provider says.

naman919

Reaction score
Nice toy but for me composing emails and texts are really difficult with the keyboard…
No to do liasts
No task lists etc.

:icon_eek:

Are you new to smartphones? They aren't setup exactly how each user prefers straight out of the box (think of it like a PC). i would highly recommend you take an in depth look at the full user manual first: Motorola Droid - User Manual

After that, use these forums and the App Market to customize the Droid to your specific needs.

Simply starting a thread stating your immediate frustrations is flat out useless to the forum community.

I hope this thread is deleted. It's threads like these that lead to more crap to sift through when looking for answers. In turn, now my response is hypocritical b/c i'm adding to the garbage.

PS - try the search button. :icon_eek:

apologies to Backnblack's rule #1 but the OP was being negative from the start. He could have asked for help in a more polite way instead of attacking the :motdroidvert:

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
if it didnt come with a hardware keyboard you would be complaining that it didnt have a hardware keyboard. It does come with a hardware keyboard and now you are complaining that its hard to use?...You will get used to it and over time.

There are hundreds of to do and notes apps in the market. Pick one you like.

The dedicated search button searches the internet as well as the phone itself. But it wont search inside of apps, like if you have a notes app and you try to search for a note you made in there then it wont find it. It will search through your contacts, the internet, your music, your installed apps..etc.

you can delete short cuts by LONG pressing on one and dragging it to the trash can icon that pops up where the apps drawer is.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No to do liasts
No task lists etc.

I'm going to assume this is not just a troll:

1. To remove icons from any of your screens, long press the icon and then slide down to the bottom center of the screen. A trash can will appear. Release icon immediately and the icon will be removed. Continue to hold the icon and then release and the program will be uninstalled.
2. Go to market and download DocsToGo. It allows you to read work, excel, & pdf's. If you need to edit or create these docs, get the full version.
3. Go to the market and download Astro file manager or one of the dozen other file managers there.
4. Go to market and search To Do or List.
5. Go to the market and search tasks.

The Droid and the Android OS are all about personal choices as to what apps you use for very tasks.

BTW, thanks for belittling my Droid (toy??) and me (professional - I guess not??). Good way to start. I'm still betting troll.

gatorbait

Reaction score
Sigh...I hate to say it because some of your questions are legitimate, but is it too much to ask for technology users to educate themselves? A couple of those questions represent very basic phone features that could be found by reading the manual or looking through some of the phone's settings.

Stop being ignorant and educate yourself a little bit.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sigh...I hate to say it because some of your questions are legitimate, but is it too much to ask for technology users to educate themselves? A couple of those questions represent very basic phone features that could be found by reading the manual or looking through some of the phone's settings.

Stop being ignorant and educate yourself a little bit.

I don't think he has a manual because he doesn't have a droid. Troll post only.

Detonation

Reaction score
I'll agree with that, the physical keyboard would be a lot better with raised keys, but the landscape touch keyboard is good once you get used to it and there are various keyboard apps like Swype that do even more

Drag them into the trash bin...

There are plenty of free and paid apps to view and edit office files.

Try pressing the permanent search button on the phone

No to do liasts
No task lists etc.

Google Calendar, Exchange Calendar, plenty of other apps.

Try actually learning about the phone before making an ignorant post because you handled the phone for a few minutes and couldn't figure it out.

big.daddy

Reaction score
why bother with this post? Sounds like the op wants to stick to his/her blackberry.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Good grief charlie brown. The droid does ALL that without breaking a sweat. Best to ask questions/search for answers instead of a first post rant.

An iphone may be worth looking into.

not

bdbraaten

Reaction score

Which keyboard?

Tap and hold the item you want to delete/hide, the app drawer button at the bottom of the screen changes to a trash can. drag the item down until the trash can turns red and let go.

How much of a utility are you looking for? There is a built in viewer, its just not in the app drawer. You have to try opening one of the files from a file browser app from the market. If you're looking for editing capabilities there are options in the market. gdocs is a basic doc editor that links with Google Documents quite nicely. Another good one I've used is Documents to go. Its a paid app but the regularly run it on sale for $9.99, I've paid twice that for their software on previous pda's and that was view only, this is the editor version.

Press the magnifying glass button in the bottom right of the screen, I think that searches the phone too but not sure, never had a need to try it yet.

No to do liasts
No task lists etc.

Check out the Market. gtasks free option that I think syncs with Google Tasks. It might work as a to do list too for you.

The short answer is you get to enjoy it by customizing it the way YOU want, not the way the manufacturer or operating system supplier wants.

Its one of the things about these phones that makes it more attractive to everybody, not just professionals, is the ability to customize it. It doesn't come with a lot of features out of the box that people don't need. It comes with the basic necessities of a phone and then from there you have the ability to customize it to fit your individual needs to make it work more efficiently for you.

Like you I needed the word and excel features, so I went out and added first gdocs until I could get Documents to go on sale. But I don't have much use for tasks / to do lists so I like that I don't have that app on the phone taking up unnecessary space.

Explore the Market, there are a lot of free stuff out there that can customize the Droid's a lot.

texasPI

Reaction score
What "toy" were you using before that had exactly everything set up like you want out of the box? The main appeal is that YOU decide what you want on it. Look in the app market, you'll find what you need there.

r-dubya

Reaction score
Something tells me that OP is just trying to get a rise out of you all. Antagonistic comes to mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.