How can you root a 2.3 droid 2 ?

Dobbs122

Reaction score
Updated awhile back and wondered if I can still root I want to use the tether app but what else does a rooted droid do ? Thanks for any help I have never hacked a droid just psp's forever ago

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can use z4root in the marketplace, its one click and i've heard good things.

As for what you can do with root, there are a lot of possibilities. First you can get root apps like wireless tether or screen capture, then you can over/under clock the cpu. You can also flash custom roms and themes and boot animations.

OP
D

Dobbs122

Reaction score
Thanks btw that osu game was great pinn state took a loss

OP
D

Dobbs122

Reaction score
Well I ran the z4root I belive it worked not sure it ran then reset my phone is it rooted if so now what ?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try downloading wireless tether and seeing if it works

and yes it was lol we have a few mods that are on the losing side of a bet so ull see a few more rocking the OSU avatar this coming week :)

OP
D

Dobbs122

Reaction score
Wow it worked downloaded a tether app so I had wireless hotspot disabled on my droid will I not get a huge bill for using this and what other apps are there

dast

Reaction score
Best two benefits of a rooted D2... titanium backup freezing of apps and using bootstrap recovery to boot into recovery and create/load nandroid backups.