How can you hide pictures?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have some pics on my phone that I would like to keep to myself. Any ideas?

backlash

Reaction score
photosafe, it's an app.

If you want it more complicated, you could use astro or some other file manager and rename the extension of the pics so a gallery won't find them. Then rename the ext when you want to view the files.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Create folder for pics, add empty text file named:

.nomedia

Newton122189

Reaction score
yeah, just make the folder have a period before it .mypics or .justforme or .xxx then all you have to do is go into a file manager and view them when you would like, they wont show up in the gallery

KidCuda

Reaction score
Try Photovault, password protected and it's 99 cents in the marketplace. The only downer is that you have to add each picture one by one. It removes the pictures from the gallery so no one can see them.

zenman77

Reaction score
Just open the menu in Astro and while in the app, go to more, preferences, look and feel and check or uncheck show hidden files and that will make the folder accessible. I think this ability came in with the latest Astro update. Hope this helps

andrewdoane

Reaction score
yeah, just make the folder have a period before it .mypics or .justforme or .xxx then all you have to do is go into a file manager and view them when you would like, they wont show up in the gallery

lol..:icon_ banana:

Yeah, I think 95% of the following threads are of that nature:
- How do I hide contacts?
- How do I delete my search history in [market, main search, etc.]?
- How do I hide pictures?

techRob

Reaction score

lol..:icon_ banana:

Yeah, I think 95% of the following threads are of that nature:
- How do I hide contacts?
- How do I delete my search history in [market, main search, etc.]?
- How do I hide pictures?
:icon_eek: lol ... Personally, I'd like to hide my videos from showing up in the Gallery, but I want "Act 1" video player to be able to see them (as opposed to using Astro to launch them). I'm currently using the .nomedia technique to hide said videos from the Gallery (it just gets really cluttered with them inside there as well - no .xxx issues here. Too many hands potentially on my phone ;)

c_mack9

Reaction score
wow this thread is fantastic. i had a folder in my gallery that is for my eyes only, its noce to not have it appear there anymore. i would get really nervous anytime anyone picked up my phone. ;)