How can Volte dropoffs in 3g area be prevented are there any apps that toggle volte on and off

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
On my phone it's under settings > more > mobile networks > VoLTE On / Off toggle. I'm not sure if it's still the case or not, but when it first came out last year we had to enable it on the Verizon website under tour account settings. Then reboot the phone and then the On / Off switch appeared. It may be different now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have the. Volte on off settings and it lists hd calling and hd video if both are off the volte toggles off. I am trying to find a way to toggle the setting with tasker every time it detects a specific WiFi that i know is in a bad lte area and my calls drop. I haven't been able to figure out where this could be set by tasker but it would be very helpful

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Macro droid seems to need another add-on called secure setting to do settings . haven't found a toggle for hd voice yet. If anybody does let me know. User interface of macro droid does seem a bit easier though ?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have been checking with app developers and so far no one has found an android api that can be hooked into tasker or other automation for hd voice toggle i wonder how an api can get added to android would google have to add an api?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I did find an app called"quick shortcut maker" "settings shortcut" that gets me only 2 screens closer to the hd off and on setting if the lg settings are set to tabbed view it takes me right to network setting but not all the way too levels deeper still need a direct shortcut a way to automate tuning it off and on. I wish verizon built it into volte to detect bad lte and down shift...

Also found "settings shortcut" that worked ok on maxx but had issues on lg g4

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I did find an app called "settings shortcut" that gets me only 2 screens closer to the hd off and on setting if the lg settings are set to tabbed view it takes me right to network setting but not all the way too levels deeper still need a direct shortcut a way to automate tuning it off and on. I wish verizon built it into volte to detect bad lte and down shift...

Verizon is not going to build an automatic switch over feature because in their master vision everyone will be on VoLTE eventually and there will be no more CDMA/1X calling.

I'm just curious, why are you needing to switch it On / Off on a LG G4? Can't the G4 do simultaneous call and internet?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder two things.
1) Why not just leave HD calling turned off? I live in an area where I rarely see a 4G signal, so I leave it off all the time.
2) I wonder if the VoLTE setting you are wanting Tasker or similar app to toggle is one of the settings that Lollipop won't allow a third party app to control. I used to use an app called Condi to turn mobile data, wifi, and sync off and on at certain times of day, and after Lollipop, it cannot turn mobile data off.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The lg g4 has one antenna so if you have volte on it can do calls and internet if voltes off then its one or the other unless you have a good WiFi connection and volte doesn't use WiFi. Its problematical where i work since 4g strength comes and goes every minute. And if i walk down the hall the WiFi is week so I am trying to automate it to be on the best combination or at least be able to toggle settings quickly. Biggest issue if i have volte off then i don't get emails (i am not sure about texts ) while on call and cant share screen or look up movie times etc all while on speaker so i can be on the call and be looking up stuff relative to the call if necessary. But when the volte connection is strong not much of an issue. Verizon said calling non volte phones or landlines might have issues with quality that they are still tweaking(I am not sure of the accuracy of this) but the best and most stable calls have been 1x so Volte needs a lot of work to get it to the same stability as 2 antenna phones

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I also have the following issue w the lg 4 I have multiple micto usb charging cables from Verizon both home and car chargers. I have been using the home charger that says 5.1 output all week and it seemed to be working. Last night my battery was near 0 before putting on charger. In the morning or had no charge still. I plugged the cable in and out and it said use an LG cable. I tried the LG cable marked 5.0 output and it worked and a Verizon cable marked 5.0 output also worked. I am not sure what output my Verizon car charger is but I will test next. Does LG make a car charger?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Is there a way to delete a post in tapatalk as i made this duplicate one but can only edit it oh well read the next post and skip thus one:)

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
The lg g4 has one antenna so if you have volte on it can do calls and internet if voltes off then its one or the other unless you have a good WiFi connection and volte doesn't use WiFi. Its problematical where i work since 4g strength comes and goes every minute. And if i walk down the hall the WiFi is week so I am trying to automate it to be on the best combination or at least be able to toggle settings quickly. Biggest issue if i have volte off then i don't get emails (i am not sure about texts ) while on call and cant share screen or look up movie times etc all while on speaker so i can be on the call and be looking up stuff relative to the call if necessary. But when the volte connection is strong not much of an issue. Verizon said calling non volte phones or landlines might have issues with quality that they are still tweaking(I am not sure of the accuracy of this) but the best and most stable calls have been 1x so Volte needs a lot of work to get it to the same stability as 2 antenna phones
Ok, I get it now.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You can look at the app called Anycut. It will allow you to make a shortcut of pretty much anything in your settings app. So if you know you are in an area where a dropped call might happen due to the handout then you could toggle it on/off or vice-versa.
Anycut crashes when you select activity on my lg g4 been looking for a shortcut or tasker automation to toggle hd voice or volte but havent found one yet

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have noticed i get notifications to fix my apn settings when i get an mms message when connected to verizons volte and hd calling but i dont know what they need to need to be set to. Any ideas?