how can Verizon or Motorola claim 15.8 days standby or 21hrs talk time

Android73

Reaction score
I have everything turned off except missing call reminder, battery indicator, dataoffload, and yahoo mail. I have never had more then 30 something hrs of standby. My phone has everythig becides these apps on auto end. im at 79% after only 15hrs on standby. :mad:
I'm glad I'm hearing this from other Maxx owners. I was leery of the 21hr claim. I knew at best you'd get maybe 12-15hrs talktime barring no other calls coming in, no notification rings or lights, and no other apps running... impossible. The guy at Verizon that sold me the phone actually told me "it'll do 21hrs REGARDLESS of what I'm doing". I said "I can spend 21hrs downloading apps?"... he tells me oh yes :/ I asked what if the battery isn't giving me 21hrs to which he said bring it in and we'll get ya a new one. I plan to use that advice... more than once if that's what they're standing by. This is just "the 1st" in longlife mobile batteries claiming extra-long life. It won't be tried and true for another 2yrs. Even then they'll be saying 48hrs and you'll be luck to get 24hrs... LoL

I've been getting 48-52hrs standby with a minimum of activity. Use wise I can see it puttering out after 12hrs.

DamianD

Reaction score
After the initial ( very 1st ) charge I havet 4 days and 6h with my Maxx. I don't think it was a very hard use, a total of 5 hours on Wi-Fi, a dozen of sms and around 3h of voice calls plus the initial setup, sync account and all that stuff. And the battery is at 20% now.
I think is somewhat ok

DamianD

Reaction score
Round 2: 5 days, 2h, with voice calls 1h,30', display on 5h, 55', Wi-fi running 4h, 54' and about 10-12 sms

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
in airplane mode maybe lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DamianD

Reaction score
in airplane mode maybe lol

Wrong. I just listed the numbers for some major processes running. Most of my buddies are saying that is a below average use, they have 3-4 h of voice call per day...
For me is just the natural use, I rarely exceed one hour per day in voice calls. I always have smart actions on and never use a 3G connection, just the Wi-Fi.
In this moment I'm @ 4 days, 21h with 30% remaining battery, display on for 4h, 3h,55' on Wi-Fi and 3h voice calls.
It's just my statistic and I'm happy with it :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wrong. I just listed the numbers for some major processes running. Most of my buddies are saying that is a below average use, they have 3-4 h of voice call per day...
For me is just the natural use, I rarely exceed one hour per day in voice calls. I always have smart actions on and never use a 3G connection, just the Wi-Fi.
In this moment I'm @ 4 days, 21h with 30% remaining battery, display on for 4h, 3h,55' on Wi-Fi and 3h voice calls.
It's just my statistic and I'm happy with it :)

what does any of that have to do with 16 days of standby or 21 hrs of talk time?

DamianD

Reaction score
I guess it can go to 16 days only in standby mode literally. That means display off all the time and not a single process running. No calls, no texts, no nothing(very close to a coma)