"How can the Droid be losing?"

deputc26

Reaction score
in the engadget contest when we have 32k members hereand we were gaining very steadily, I'm afraid dirty wok is afoot lads.

A message from your gadget-of-the-year "post-whore" vote DROID! WOOT!
:icon_ banana:
Vote for the 2009 Engadget Awards! -- Engadget

Last edited:

thorn11166

Reaction score
man we are kicking as in navigation though lol just looking on the bright side...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It should be winning gadget of the year as well.

Only device running Android 2.0 and Google Maps. Not to mention Moto splashed back onto the scene in a big way.

Should be ahead.

Palmyra

Reaction score
How you ask?

Take a look at the Desktop voting. The 27" iMac has over 40% of the votes. This for a computer that has been pulled for the shelves in some stores because of monitor problems. Apple has yet to find a way of fixing them to everyone's satisfaction. Monitor flicker was the first problem and now some are complaing of a yellow tint to the screen. But Apple Fan Boys are voting it number one. :icon_evil:

So why should one really be surprised that the iPone is in first place.

BTW, I'm a MAC user.

BzB

Reaction score
man we are kicking as in navigation though lol just looking on the bright side...

hard to beat navigation on the droid, especially compared to any other smart phone out there. very good functionality and it's FREE! :icon_ banana:

agreed we should be ahead though. definitely the best 'new from the ground up' device that came out this year.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not knocking the iPhone it's a great device but what did it bring to the table in 09 that was new and/or exciting?

M

Matth3w

Nothing, but you could put a turd in a shiny plastic case with an Apple logo and Mac users would buy it by the millions. They are also usually fanatics, so I'm sure they are voting on every single computer in the office, etc.

Besides, in the end, who cares? I like my Droid better than I liked my iPhone. That's all that matters to me. I don't care what others think, and even if we won by a million votes...is Google/Moto going to send me a rebate check or something? All that should matter is that YOU like your phone better. I don't need to compare my phone to iPhone users and try to impress them.

meekless

Reaction score
we might be a little bit behind, but all things considered thats impressive with the amount of time the iphone has been on the market, and how many people have one.

the droid is doing quite well!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the iPhone has been available for several years which has allowed Apple to build a large fan/user base. Give Android the same amount of time. I noted that the droid is ahead on the GPS.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Nothing, but you could put a turd in a shiny plastic case with an Apple logo and Mac users would buy it by the millions. They are also usually fanatics, so I'm sure they are voting on every single computer in the office, etc.

Besides, in the end, who cares? I like my Droid better than I liked my iPhone. That's all that matters to me. I don't care what others think, and even if we won by a million votes...is Google/Moto going to send me a rebate check or something? All that should matter is that YOU like your phone better. I don't need to compare my phone to iPhone users and try to impress them.

I dont understand these comments, I am a professional mac user. I have a top of the line Mac Pro at home and use a mac pro every day at work. I own an iPod Touch and a Droid and they work very nicely together now that I can tether my ipod to my droid. I even bought my Mom an iMac for xmas. I still love my droid and think it is gadget of the year. And I think the iPad is ridiculous.

Why does one have to an Apple Fanboy to appreciate a good product?

natty_lite

Reaction score
Landscape keyboard and a video camera I guess? LOL, I agree, although I feel like the 3GS is a damn good device, there was nothing all to compelling about the 3GS