How can one listen to music with their bluetooth?

trowa

Reaction score
I use the Motorola HT820 stereo bluetooth headphones with my Droid. They work fine. They also have a built in mic for phone calls which also works well.

This is what I use and it works well. The only thing it won't do on the droid is hit the button when not in a call to activate voice dialing. But this is a known issue with android os. Kind of sucks that such older primitive phones support this but not android.

srdragon

Reaction score
Has something changed sine 2.x upgrade? I had shut off the bluetooth for the media player. Now I can't find that setting anymore. I have a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Headset, it use to work now I can't turn it back on. :-(

Thanks

SRD

OK I figured it out. When in Bluetooth settings select and hold the bluetooth headset you will get a menu, select options then you can select whether you want your headset to work with media player and or phone.

SRD

hawks1282

Reaction score
I found the options menu you mentioned, but my Plantronics 520 only has the "Connected to phone audio" option under profiles. Does this mean the headset isn't capable of streaming music?

pilot25

Reaction score
Has something changed sine 2.x upgrade? I had shut off the bluetooth for the media player. Now I can't find that setting anymore. I have a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Headset, it use to work now I can't turn it back on. :-(

Thanks

SRD

OK I figured it out. When in Bluetooth settings select and hold the bluetooth headset you will get a menu, select options then you can select whether you want your headset to work with media player and or phone.

SRD

I long pressed the headset I have paired and I do not get such a menu. My choices are, "Connect to phone audio". Plantronics Pro.

Reaction score
I found the options menu you mentioned, but my Plantronics 520 only has the "Connected to phone audio" option under profiles. Does this mean the headset isn't capable of streaming music?

I'm guessing that is correct as the 2nd post in this thread indicates, but if someone knows for sure, that would be great. My headset is a Motorola H500, and I looked on Moto's website and it looks like only their stereo headphone devices support the A2DP profile.

It is so lame you can't voicedial with a Droid, especially considering that the voice recognition seems to be so good with this device...