How can one listen to music with their bluetooth?

kscdj

Reaction score

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Hi kscdj,

I was looking into this myself earlier. It seems bluetooth headsets have gone some upgrades since I used them last (I have an old plantronics 320 I never really used). If I am not mistaken, then in order to listen to media through a bluetooth headset, it will need to have A2DP.

Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a search of the forums for more info.

dperk

Reaction score
The A2DP profile for Bluetooth sets supports Stereo sound. I suggest finding a set of Bluetooth Headphones. I purchased the Motorola S805's (DJ-style, over the ear) on eBay a while back for a relatively cheap fee and they work well. The Motorola S9's (workout-style, earbud/behind-the-head) also work well for stereo music and video sound, not to mention are water/sweat-resistant for the gym/walking/running.

I've been hard-pressed to find other sets of headphones that I like, for both style and brand name-based reliability - not that Motorola has always been on the right side of the fence there either, but still.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My [FONT=&quot]bluetooth Sony DRBT100CX/SLV Ear Bud plays music just fine. Paired it to the Droid and everything worked right out of the box.
[/FONT]

DroidHoff

Reaction score
I just recently purchased the Jabra Halo stereo headset for listening to music on my Droid and bluetooth calling. I could not be happier! It is very easy to use and I would highly recommend it! I did a full review and posted pictures on it in the accesories forum about 2 weeks ago if you want to look it up. I would post the link but I'm at work writing this from my DROID!

jimnutt

Reaction score
The Jabra BT3030 works well too. It's nice because it's just a dongle with a microphone and buttons, you can plug the headphones of your choice into it.

P

pat.amunson

Is there any way to have a regular mono bluetooth headphone play music or video media? I have a motorola h390 and i can use it for phone calls but I'd like to know if there is software or a hack so I can use it for media as well...

Vagrent

Reaction score
Over the last several years I have gone threw 5 or 6 bluetooth headsets and it just depended on the headset weather it worked for music or not. cheap ones or expensive ones dont matter just some wont.

This is just my experience with headsets

P

pat.amunson

That really sucks... Well guess I'll just have to invest in some good "wired" headphones... boo to wires :mad:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Read the second post in this thread. It states what is required.

00bear

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:AWSOME THANKS HAD THE SAME QUESTION ...READ POST 2:icon_ banana:

Imemine

Reaction score
I have only used Jabra headsets right now I have the bt8010 and also the jabra stone and I can listen to media and books via my headset. Its not dual, its only in my right ear but enough to hear books. Under the settings where you can see the type of headset you press on the headset and then choose options. You can add the media and music to the list.

shawnb1824

Reaction score
I use the Motorola HT820 stereo bluetooth headphones with my Droid. They work fine. They also have a built in mic for phone calls which also works well.

Last edited:

Hermes

Reaction score
The Jabra BT3030 works well too. It's nice because it's just a dongle with a microphone and buttons, you can plug the headphones of your choice into it.
I just found one of these laying around the house and paired it with the Droid. I agree, the music quality is great. I tested the range to just about 30 feet line of sight. All the controls work too, volume,play/pause,skip forward/back. According to Jabra battery life is seven hours of music play. It sounds great. I give it two thumbs up.

srdragon

Reaction score
Has something changed sine 2.x upgrade? I had shut off the bluetooth for the media player. Now I can't find that setting anymore. I have a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Headset, it use to work now I can't turn it back on. :-(

Thanks

SRD