1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How can I unlock my Bionic Droid?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by IlIl00, Jun 4, 2012.

1. IlIl00

IlIl00 New Member

The title pretty much explains my whole question.

I moved from Florida to the United Arab Emirates, and in a few days I'm going to need to go to Korea. I like my droid and I don't want to give it up, so I need to unlock it. I did some research and found out that I'm going to need to pay something to get some kind of code. I would do that but I was afraid that I would get scammed.

Here I want every step of unlocking a bionic droid in detail. Thank you very much in advance.
  2. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

with a droid...(cdma on verizon's network) there's not really a way to unlock it for different carriers because it's not a gsm which most places gloably would need
  3. IlIl00

IlIl00 New Member

What's cdma and gsm?
  4. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Vzw phones are unlocked. Unlike Sprint phones for example which are. So when it comes to putting a vzw phone on another cdma network is fairly easy.

What makes it hard to activate outside CDMA devices on Verizon and Sprint is they're very picky on what they allow. Verizon has a program where you can use outside phones, but you have to jump through hoops. Sprint I don't even think allows it.

Now, the Bionic can use GSM networks. Search up XDA there is a very easy guide to get it working. Don't even have to be rooted.
  5. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

ah... that was the part i was unsure tf that had been done on this phone
  6. IlIl00

IlIl00 New Member

I appreciate all the help. but I have no idea what these abbreviations mean. Can somebody please explain?
  7. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

CDMA is the type of network Verizon uses, GSM is AT& T and the rest of the world . (depending on your age, think VHS and Betamax).
    A purely CDMA phone will not work on any GSM network and vice-a-versa. When a phone is said to have "global" capabilities, then it has the hardware to work on both networks. I think you're phone will work on both.
    XDA is a forum much like this one, it has been around for quite a while, it is where pretty much all Android developers and hackers hang out. Much of the info there can be really confusing. But you should be able to find what you're looking for. (they use way more abbreviations) (Google XDA Forums)
    I didn't answer your original question but I hope I explained the abbreviations.
  8. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Yup. A topic was created here, and was linked to an XDA post. Where TBH assisted in showing how it works.

They even have picture guides!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  9. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

If you are the owner of the phone, call the Carrier and ask for the unlock code. It is free. Explain that you need to use the phone in a different country with another SIM card, temporarily.
Search tags for this page
droid bionic gsm unlock

droid bionic unlock

how to unlock a droid bionic

how to unlock a verizon droid bionic

how to unlock droid bionic

how to unlock droid bionic verizon
how to unlock verizon droid bionic
unlock bionic

unlock droid bionic

unlock droid bionic verizon
unlock motorola droid bionic verizon