How Can I Submit an Android Software Idea?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but I am getting A LOT more spam calls than I used too. :mad:

I tried the Verizon Caller ID service and it was useless. So I am back to blocking spam calls on my own through the phone. When A call comes in, I hang up. Then I have to go back into the phone call log and select the number I want to block and select details then block the number.

What would be really nice is to have a block button on the page when you first hang up with the ones that are there: Add to Contacts, Call, Message.

How can I submit the idea to the Android developers to possibly get it added to a future build?

JandN2639

Reaction score
This would also be helpful for iPhone users!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
there are several apps in the play store that will check the number that is calling, compare it to their database of spam calls and let you know so you can decided whether or not you should answer it. I use hiya, used to be whitepages. the only real problem with it is it will not catch the local numbers thats being phishing but after the call it gives you the choice to block.

JandN2639

Reaction score
there are several apps in the play store that will check the number that is calling, compare it to their database of spam calls and let you know so you can decided whether or not you should answer it. I use hiya, used to be whitepages. the only real problem with it is it will not catch the local numbers thats being phishing but after the call it gives you the choice to block.

I think the OP author wants to create an app that will block all spam, telemarketing, etc. without prompting.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I figured that but it is not going to happen, what is spam to one may not be spam to another :) so it is not going to happen. cold calls can be beneficial to some.

personally I am getting tired of software telling me what is important to me and not give me what I want.

JandN2639

Reaction score
These days telemarketers even fake local numbers on Caller ID. I personally am disgusted that so many people think integrity has no value.

OP
Mike.757

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wish it were easier to block. I want to block right after I hang up when it gives me the option to call back or message. I don't want to go to my phone call history and then select the call and block. It should be easier then that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
my solution is, I just don't answer the phone anymore unless the call is expected. No voice mail, no return call. just too many scammers. when I give out my number, I give my google voice number.

as I said in another post, you just cannot create an app that could solve this problem.

OP
Mike.757

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to submit the idea to the Google software engineers to incorporate into a future build. Just not sure how to proceed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want to submit the idea to the Google software engineers to incorporate into a future build. Just not sure how to proceed.

Several ways.

One is to hit them up on social network.

2) click the feedback (support) button on your phone
832957750a8913dc8807ae59d424cf78.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bancerg

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android
These days telemarketers even fake local numbers on Caller ID. I personally am disgusted that so many people think integrity has no value.

I think so that , most of them are insurance, real estate, advertising salesmen ,