How can i stop the autocomplete or better utilize it?

angler1

Reaction score
Although I like the abbility to type and click on a word in the ticker sometimes I don't want the word it automatically picks. For example I want to say app. But it keeps saying apparently. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this the right forum for this question?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
menu > settings > language & keyboard > android keyboard settings.... you can disable the auto-complete here, and also disable the suggestions (the ticker)

kkwan77

Reaction score
Better yet, it would nice if it would learn the words you type most frequently so that it'll be the first suggestion to pop up.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Usually when I long press a word and add it to the dictionary I have no more problems, I don't know if you tried that.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Better yet, it would nice if it would learn the words you type most frequently so that it'll be the first suggestion to pop up.

menu > settings > language & keyboard > user dictionary
add the words, abreviations you use most and it will stop autocorrecting them to something else and will make them the first suggestion in the ticker.

OP
A

angler1

Reaction score
I didn't know about the long press. Thanks for all the help.

Taina51

Reaction score
Although I like the abbility to type and click on a word in the ticker sometimes I don't want the word it automatically picks. For example I want to say app. But it keeps saying apparently. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this the right forum for this question?
You can better use your autocorrect doing the following: The word that you're typing is the first word to appear in the suggestion window. For example if you type "app.", that's the first word that appears before the suggested words from the dictionary, just click on "app." and it accepts it in your writing without corrections.