How can I set up Google Voice for Visual Voicemail?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Go into google voice on your computer, go to settings(top right) phones, make sure your mobile is added, then activate voicemail. Follow prompts.

You can switch your phone's voicemail to Google voicemail for this phone.
To activate: If you'd like to activate or re-add Google voicemail on your mobile phone, click Activate Google voicemail for this phone.
To deactivate: If you'd like to stop your voicemails from going to Google voicemail, click the Deactivate Google voicemail link. Removing your phone from the Google Voice Settings won't prevent your voicemails from going to Google voicemail.

silverx10

Reaction score
Aye, I just got my Voice account set up, and the entire thing was incredibly painless. Transcription is quite a neat feature with just a few unpredictable results.

the97rscamaroguy

Reaction score
If you have Friends and Family remember to add the number that Google Voice uses to forward your calls so you don't use any minutes.

Snagtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't sure which thread to post this to and I stuck it in the wrong spot initially- so hope this is safe spot. If I am wrong again, please advise.

"Tried searching several threads and google, but I have done the steps to activate Google Voicemail on my Droid yet it does not showing up as an option under settings on the phone. I only have "My Carrier" as an option. Does this take time to become available and activate on the phone side?

I don't think I missed any steps, as I was pretty diligent (I hope) on searching the forums first. "

ResMJM

Reaction score
Wasn't sure which thread to post this to and I stuck it in the wrong spot initially- so hope this is safe spot. If I am wrong again, please advise.

"Tried searching several threads and google, but I have done the steps to activate Google Voicemail on my Droid yet it does not showing up as an option under settings on the phone. I only have "My Carrier" as an option. Does this take time to become available and activate on the phone side?

I don't think I missed any steps, as I was pretty diligent (I hope) on searching the forums first. "

Did you just set up Google Voicemail for your Droid?

If so, yes, it takes some time. Mine didn't take too long though

Snagtooth

Reaction score
I got it worked out a while ago, it was a timing thing if I recall.

Thanks for the reply though! dancedroid

drek

Reaction score
Aye, I just got my Voice account set up, and the entire thing was incredibly painless. Transcription is quite a neat feature with just a few unpredictable results.

A few unpredictable results? I uninstalled Google Voice because reading the transcriptions reminded me a lot of those mad lib things I did as a kid. Completely useless.