How can i root with android 4.4

zagan13

Reaction score
okay so i upgraded to the leak version of android 4.4. i did the voodoo root keeper but it didnt work. im trying to root my phone again but it can only be done with android2.3.6. pleasseee help.:hail:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Be patient, djrbliss should be releasing a method soon. Other than that....well you don't have any options right now except to wait. :)

crockettc1

Reaction score
P3Droid on twitter alluded to a new rooting method by djrbliss (Dan Rosenberg) for 4.0.4. He said he used it to root a d4 running 4.0.4 successfully, so hopefully it will be released sooner rather than later (I am also unrooted)

Nerdcorist

Reaction score
So is it still not recommended to upgrade yet? Im really itching to get 4.0.4 on my phone...

Nerdcorist

Reaction score
1989trouble07 said:
Go ahead and upgrade. You will still be able to upgrade again later down the road. Even P3Droid recommends going ahead and upgrading.

Very cool. Im going through the cheesecake method now.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Go ahead and upgrade. You will still be able to upgrade again later down the road. Even P3Droid recommends going ahead and upgrading.

Manual upgrades or will I still be on Verizon's upgrade path?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
One manual upgrade when the official ICS update is released, then you'll be back on the upgrade path.

Great, thanks! I'll stop waiting and go ahead and make the jump to ICS

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Nerdcorist

Reaction score
I think the cheesecake method has failed for me... i got the "download update" screen, but no progress bar. After it said upgrade failed, it is now just eternally checking for connection.

EDIT: never mind. Third time's a charm.

Last edited:
OP
zagan13

zagan13

Reaction score
Be patient, djrbliss should be releasing a method soon. Other than that....well you don't have any options right now except to wait. :)
ahh! thank you vrey much. i just wanted to know if i could, but i guess ima have to wait then. either ways this stock very is very stable. i dont think ill downgrade to 2.3.6

phrir1

Reaction score
Nerdcorist said:
I think the cheesecake method has failed for me... i got the "download update" screen, but no progress bar. After it said upgrade failed, it is now just eternally checking for connection.

EDIT: never mind. Third time's a charm.

What server did u use?

Nerdcorist

Reaction score
phrir1 said:
What server did u use?

I used the one in the step by step instruction. It actually worked and upgraded perfectly the third time i tried. Im now upgraded and loving it