How can I root Razr w/ ICS from Linux?

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
I found the Droid Razr Utility but it seems to be Windows-only. It says it includes Dan Rosenberg's ICS exploit but I don't see a way to invoke that separately. I have moto_fail Gingerbread that runs on Linux but I don't expect that to work on ICS. I don't really care about the rest of the Utility, I just want to root so I can run Titantium backup.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I found the Droid Razr Utility but it seems to be Windows-only. It says it includes Dan Rosenberg's ICS exploit but I don't see a way to invoke that separately. I have moto_fail Gingerbread that runs on Linux but I don't expect that to work on ICS. I don't really care about the rest of the Utility, I just want to root so I can run Titantium backup.
Maybe I don't fully understand your question. But, if you are running stock system version .211 the RazrUtility 1.81 will root your phone.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
Maybe I don't fully understand your question. But, if you are running stock system version .211 the RazrUtility 1.81 will root your phone.

I imagine it would... if I had a Windows system to run the Utility on. My problem is I don't have a Windows system. How can I run DroidRAZRUtility.bat on Ubuntu Linux?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I imagine it would... if I had a Windows system to run the Utility on. My problem is I don't have a Windows system. How can I run DroidRAZRUtility.bat on Ubuntu Linux?
Sorry...didn't understand that you did not have a Windows system.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
Sounds promising but they hide the link unless you're a member, they require e-mail verification to join, and they haven't sent me the verification e-mail in an hour or so. :-( Is it some big secret? Is there a reason that DroidForums doesn't have a link to 1.81?

Finally got the e-mail. Downloading now. (I still wonder what all the mystery is about. It makes me mistrust the tool.)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Matt posts more links over there than he does here, he tries to get them all both places but it has to be hard to keep up with two sites at once.

So he uses that one primarily over this forum, plus he is usually on the chat over there as well which is helpful.