How can I remove a Gmail account from my phone?

StanH

Reaction score
How can I remove a Gmail account from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD?

I have an account on the phone that worked (it retrieved mail) until I got on line with my PC and changed the password of the account. That might be why the phone stopped receiving mail.

I could not find a way to change the password on the phone so I created a duplicate Gmail account on the phone. It works. But I can't find a way to delete the old broken account.

How can I remove the broken setup of the old Gmail account from the phone?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the "old broken" account the one you used to sign into google when you first setup the phone?

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
No, I have two Gmail accounts with Google. The one that I set up when I bought my first phone remains OK. It is used only by the play store.

The account at Google that I had trouble with on the phone works on the newly created setup.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go into settings > accounts > google > select the account and there should be an option to remove it. I don't remember exactly how it looks on the Maxx HD, but it should be pretty similar to that setup.

KaChow

Reaction score
You should be able to go into settings > accounts > google > select the account and there should be an option to remove it. I don't remember exactly how it looks on the Maxx HD, but it should be pretty similar to that setup.

Yep, just like jntdroid says... settings> accounts> "select" google> in the upper right screen corner, look for the 3 dot-down line, push> Remove account.

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
Thanks.

My mistake. It isn't stuck in the phone's settings. It is stuck in my K9 email client. I can't find any way to delete it from there.