How can I put a Banner/Name on my screen??

sho_greg

Reaction score
Ok this may have been covered- I am really not sure.. If so please point me in the direction.

I want to put a banner on my screen with my name- at least that way if someone honest ever found my phone... They could give it back...

Any info... Thanks

Greg

DroidFan

Reaction score
Contact Owner is awesome and DOES work when the screen is locked/passswipe protected. I've been using it for about a week now. You can also add text before/after the contact information, so I have after my contact info a couple of ICE (in case of emergency) #'s.

pl4tinum

Reaction score
I'm also using Contact Owner, with the 2.0.1 update it looks nice, just inserts some small text under where it shows the battery status, telling the person where to call if they find your phone.

OP
S

sho_greg

Reaction score
Worked out well with the owners app... Lets you put whatever text you want and choose a contact from your contacts...

Put my name and email address and my contacts name and number...

The emergency icon location concerns me though- its really close to the unlock icon...

Greg

edash

Reaction score
ContactOwner not working

I tried installing it for and Incredible and it did not work. It pulled up contacts as numbers. Many of the comments now say people are uninstalling since it no longer works.

actorhjh

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, my locked screen has, "This phone belongs to" and I can't find where to edit this. The Verizon store didn't know either said I would need to leave it with the so the tech could, (are you ready?) play with it to see how to do it.

Overman

Reaction score
There's a few ways to do this.. Anti-Virus (yellow and white pill) in the market place has a little message window that you can add to the screen. It's also free. ChevyNo1's rom allows you to replace the Verizon tag with your own.. there's also an app called LOST PHONE (red stop sign), that allows you to send sms messages to your phone and lock it, turn the volume up and start ringing, etc.. and it will not unlock until you login with your password. So if you think you'll loose your phone try that out.

actorhjh

Reaction score
I was informed by Verizon that the anti virus app was a wash, it really did not protect you from anything. The example was I tell you here is a beer and I hand you a glass of water. They stated that it had caused problems in performance as well. I thought there would be a way to edit this somewhere in the settings, just can't find it. Will look at the other two, however, I really am a Ford guy!:biggrin:

Overman

Reaction score
The Anti-Virus apps is a bit of an odd beast... runs like crap on my phone, but runs like butter on my wifes Droid.. so who knows. It's not ment to keep malware and the alike off your phone but off your desktop. I experience horrible performance from my droid with it, but she gets great performance. I don't pretend to understand it. Anyway, Contact Owner works pretty well... I don't like that I don't have FULL editing power... but eh. Whatcha going to do?

FMan

Reaction score
For a simple fix, just make a wallpaper with your name/number on it.