How can I make the market forget my credit card info?

PhontomF

Reaction score
Whenever I want to purchase a new app in the market, all I have to do it click purchase and then buy now and my credit card info is stored in there already. I can't see any option to change this. I want it to prompt me everytime I make a purchase to enter the credit card info. If someone picks up my phone or I lose it they could easily go on a spending spree in the market.

Guchi

Reaction score
log into your google account online from your pc and go to checkout you should be able to do it from there

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't it use Google Checkout? That's what I thought, and therefor being a Google Phone it is setup in your account? A guess....

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Ok I found it logging into my account on the web but I don't see any option such as never store card info. It looks like I would need to log into my account after every purchase and manually delete the credit card info? Unless there's an option to not store the card after a purchase, I don't remember.

Guchi

Reaction score
ya if you dont want it stored i belive you have to log in and remove it each time. your card is protected from unauthorized purchases by the bank/cc company so i just leave mine in there, just a thought

th9203

Reaction score
or you could do what some others have advocated:
Buy a prepaid, low value card and use that. Most of the apps in the Market are low cost so putting a $20-30 prepaid card into your account would not be a major loss.

Ellyenne

Reaction score
or you could do what some others have advocated:
Buy a prepaid, low value card and use that. Most of the apps in the Market are low cost so putting a $20-30 prepaid card into your account would not be a major loss.

This would be a good practice. I used to put a card into Google Wallet, then buy my app, & then remove the card from Wallet online.
But, my credit card # has still been stolen - twice! I would use Amazon, but it is harder to update apps from Amazon than the Market. The prepaid card is a good idea! Thanks.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You can set it to ask for your password before purchasing something.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums