How can I make my X's battery last in a 13 hour Plane ride...?

AMelis

Reaction score
They have these things called books...they are great and take practically no power....

Rocko

Reaction score
I'll be going to shanghai soon, from the US, and I was just wondering, I'll be bored on the plane and all, and I was hoping I can spend the ride playing emulator games and such...

But...it's a 13hr plane ride, and I highly doubt my X can last that long with pure gaming, obviously, take some time out for me sleeping, and it's maybe 7-8 hours.....

I have Liberty ROM 2.0.1, and ofcourse I will be on airplane mode, so that should save some battery, but do you guys have any other tips that will make my battery last even longer without slowing the phone down substantially (so, I will underclock, but I don't want to underclock to a speed that can't handle gameboid or snesoid smoothly...)

Thanks for the help guys!
Turn it off for 12.9 hours of the flight.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I am definitely going on the extra battery idea, unless you don't want to spend more money.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Hook you phone up to the planes main power supply(Bring a Generator and "Share" some of the planes fuel), it may get you arested but hay atleast you can game :D.

Last edited:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really I would delete all the apps you wont be using.
Underclock the crap out of it
Turn it off when you sleep
Airplane mode
Delete widgets and such
And bring a charged laptop with you (if you have one) that way you can charge your phone through it
Just thought if try

FreeMyMoto!!!

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Get an extra battery and a wall charger for it. It's what I did and I can get full usage of my Droid X for between 18-24 hours with no problem.

Last edited:

xan

Reaction score
flights ive taken over 6 hours have had 12v outlets. have you checked with your carrier?

Boucher187

Reaction score
I have a DROID X running Liberty Rom 2.0.1. So far I am seeing 21-25 hours battery life. This is using the phone from 4 PM when I discharge and all evening until 11 PM. At 11 PM I disconnect DATA until I awake at 6 am. Then battery continues to be utilized from 6am until 3:00 PM when I charge again. I use pretty heavily also.

Also use Juice Defender. Great APP.