How can I get Skype video???

DroidStang

Reaction score
The other little quirk I found with it was, although you can do through the Ford Sync in the car while driving...they can watch you drive while you keep eyes on road and talk LOL, when you end a skype call and make a cell call, it tries to use Skype to call, now not sure i might have been driving and hit the wrong options on the phone screen when asked what do you want to use as a default call out, maybe I hit Skype and now can't figure out how to change that options.

KillerKPD

Reaction score
Anyone tried this over WiFi vs. 3G? I was on WiFI the other night and tried to video Skype but it wasn't working. Would act like it was bring up the video, but then just go back to the regular "in call" screen. Didn't try it over 3G, but is that the only way to get it to work?

I have wifi in my company apartment, when I video chat with my wife, I leave the apartment, get into elevator, drop 4 floors, and the call might get choppy or even freeze, but I always get the call back when I am out of the elevator and on 3G. I can still hear the audio the whole time, but the videos will freeze.

ktech11

Reaction score
This may be dumb but does this all require root just got my thunderbolt yesterday and have not rooted yet

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
no you do not have to be rooted you just have to go out and get that hack version the version that came on the device doesn't work yet

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ktech11

Reaction score
I keep getting an error parsing the all message. Any ideas? I have been downloading straight to the phone.

ktech11

Reaction score
I am getting the error while attempting install. Did you get the same and the WiFi mode fixed it?

KillerKPD

Reaction score
I downloaded it and installed perfectly. So far, seems to work just fine. But I can't find a way to get it to close after starting, other than force closing it in the applications settings. This kind of design is annoying. It's similar to the PC version, just doesn't want to shut down, but at least there's a way to do it finally on a PC. Why would the developers not put a "quit" feature in this app?

I hear ya, I goto my status and then simply signout. I have not seen a "quit" button.

I also have been using skype video without issues on wifi and 3G. Some 3G gives a crummy picture but it works.

MadScientist

Reaction score
Using the .apk that is talked about in here I have been able to get it running, however I don't have any audio on my end when talking with my wife. She's on a desktop and its fine for all her other calls. My voice comes through just fine for her but I don't get any audio on my end. This has happened with my Bluetooth (Motorola S90) connected and with just the haeadset. Not sure what the issue is.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
Skype has its own volume too, plus there is a option for Bluetooth too, if you do the Skype test call thing turn volume up while calling it

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Are you getting this to work with Bluetooth? I could never get a reliable Bluetooth connection. I exchanged it for the Casio commado. No video but at least the Bluetooth is stable and loud.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I use mine standalone and in car with Ford sync which uses Bluetooth