How can I get rid of the little green

Raegan

Reaction score
guy at the top that gives hints? Also, is it possible to set a seperate ringtone for getting text messages on a profile? And lastly, I have deleted a picture I dont want in my gallery anymore but it keep showing up on the little gallery thumbnail when I'm on the screen. Why can't I get rid of it? Thanks so much for your help! Raegan

OP
R

Raegan

Reaction score
thanks but for some reason

he wont go to the trash when I do that. :icon_eek:

skruid

Reaction score
If you are rooted use a file manager and goto system then to app and delete profile, make she that you are in read/write or r/w if you are using root explorer, which is found in the market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
R

Raegan

Reaction score
thank you but I dont understand

what to do. how do I know if I'm rooted, how do I find file manager and how do I know if i'm in r/w mode? sorry for all the questions but im confused.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
If you are rooted use a file manager and goto system then to app and delete profile, make she that you are in read/write or r/w if you are using root explorer, which is found in the market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Dude, if they don't know how to remove a widget from a screen, I doubt they are rooted. Focus man, focus...

ndhill1976

Reaction score
he wont go to the trash when I do that. :icon_eek:

Hold your finger on him for a couple of seconds (called long pressing) and then you should be able to move it around the screen. Pull it down to the bottom of your screen until your finger is over the trash can and the widget is highlighted in red. Then let go.

Then go find a beginers guide on android somewhere.

OP
R

Raegan

Reaction score
funny, I did try holding the widget til it vibrated then dragged it down

like I have been with my other widgets but for some reason this green guy just transfers to another screen when I am able to trash him, which I'm not always to do that even.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
like I have been with my other widgets but for some reason this green guy just transfers to another screen when I am able to trash him, which I'm not always to do that even.

When you pull him to the bottom of the screen pull him towards a corner. When he turns red, let go.

You don't have to root to do this. Come on guys, don't make it so complicated.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Are you dropping it when your finger is over the trash can, and not just the widget? You have to wait until it turns red.

OP
R

Raegan

Reaction score
I'm holding it long, dragging it down,

then it turned red so I released my finger when it was over the trash icon and he still pops right back up

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
then it turned red so I released my finger when it was over the trash icon and he still pops right back up

Keep trying. As I said move it towards the corner of the screen.

That's how everyone gets rid of it. It can be a bit tricky but it's not that hard.