HOW Can I get *NOT MAKE* a "Factory" Style Programming Cable for Droid RAZR? Help?

cchag1

Reaction score
ANY help here would be greatly appreciated. Even if I have to start from scratch, if there is any way to rescue a dead battery brick Droid RAZR I am all for it, short of trying my luck with electrical surgery.

I am about 95% sure that (and 100% okay with) the reality that I will probably need to reformat the hardware - COMPLETELY & probably from AP Fastboot, as what's left of the firmware is in rough shape given the uncanny timing of the battery blunder.

Thanks for any help - even any efforts to help - ur awesome. :unsure:

OP
C

cchag1

Reaction score

Sadly, no they do not. They are "out of stock" and I believe, as the earliest thread referring to this (re-confirmed just now as well) was in March. If there is another way, source, idea, please share. Thank you, tho, for such a quick reply!

Does anyone or anyone that anybody knows have one that is willing to PM some possibilities? It's a long shot, but you can't win a bet if you don't place it, right? :blush:

OP
C

cchag1

Reaction score
Here's a potentially dodgy question... Would a Verizon store be able to help, or would that be a ?$illy? idea?:wacko:

Last edited:

bladewriter

Reaction score
Sadly, no they do not. They are "out of stock" and I believe, as the earliest thread referring to this (re-confirmed just now as well) was in March. If there is another way, source, idea, please share. Thank you, tho, for such a quick reply!

Does anyone or anyone that anybody knows have one that is willing to PM some possibilities? It's a long shot, but you can't win a bet if you don't place it, right? :blush:

I missed getting one from TBH by days, and they are not planning to restock. There is a Hong Kong based dealer on ebay selling them for about $10. Search for "droid factory cable" and look for a vendor called hk-welcomeshop. Haven't got mine yet so I can't vouch for them, but they have decent feedback ratings. I've nothing to do with this vendor, just found them after a quick search.

OP
C

cchag1

Reaction score
Thanks for scouting these out for me :yr1:! I did manage to order one, and according to the ebay notifications I got last night, the item has shipped. It's (hopefully... supposedly...) due in around the middle of next week.

I will reply again and update us whenever the next news, or perhaps even a-- ...wait... nope :sleep:, I won't even type it. Thank you again, and peace for now...

mina.girgis

Reaction score
Thanks for scouting these out for me :yr1:! I did manage to order one, and according to the ebay notifications I got last night, the item has shipped. It's (hopefully... supposedly...) due in around the middle of next week.

I will reply again and update us whenever the next news, or perhaps even a-- ...wait... nope :sleep:, I won't even type it. Thank you again, and peace for now...
I need the same cable to unbrick my razr maxx, where did u get it from? and did it work fine? do u wanna sell urs?

Sceler

Reaction score
eBay is a pretty reliable source for factory cables.

There is is a seller out of hong kong and a seller out of california. I think the hong kong ones are cheaper, but they take a couple weeks to ship. The california ones are a little more pricey but they're supposed to ship right away, so it's a trade off I guess.

hong kong: 2.5 ft MicroUSB Factory Cable Fastboot 4 Motorola Droid X Droid 2 Droid 2 Global | eBay - around $6.50 including shipping

california: Fastboot Motorola Factory Cable - Unbrick Droid Xoom Fire - Ships from Calif. | eBay - $10.00 including shipping

Last edited:
OP
C

cchag1

Reaction score
I need the same cable to unbrick my razr maxx, where did u get it from? and did it work fine? do u wanna sell urs?

I ordered and received mine from the Hong Kong seller that the other folks have posted a link to here. I got it within a week (lots faster than I was expecting after the implications of the shipping info from the seller, an EXTREMELY nice surprise). It may have been luck, but the feedback for the seller was very positive and I was happy to add to that. The cable worked perfectly in conjunction with RSD Lite, the latest drivers from Motorola and the stock system file which matched the one my phone came with originally. I flashed back to that stock system version and since by this point ICS was already pushed, I just kept using the system settings to "update system files" until I was finally on the .211 ICS OTA. Since then, I have been thoroughly enjoying ICS!

I hope this helps. You may also want to check in with the Black Hat Team as I think they may have restocked their Moto Factory Cables.N
I recall getting an email from them that they had some cables again, but it was after the fact for me so I didn't confirm that at all.

Best wishes, dude. Keep the faith... If my phone was salvaged, given the condition it was left in before the cable came, it's gotta be nearly impossible to be beyond repair!!!

mina.girgis

Reaction score
eBay is a pretty reliable source for factory cables.

There is is a seller out of hong kong and a seller out of california. I think the hong kong ones are cheaper, but they take a couple weeks to ship. The california ones are a little more pricey but they're supposed to ship right away, so it's a trade off I guess.

hong kong: 2.5 ft MicroUSB Factory Cable Fastboot 4 Motorola Droid X Droid 2 Droid 2 Global | eBay

california: Fastboot Motorola Factory Cable - Unbrick Droid Xoom Fire - Ships from Calif. | eBay

Thanks for ur respond, i saw it, i wanted to see if someone tried either one!

mina.girgis

Reaction score
I ordered and received mine from the Hong Kong seller that the other folks have posted a link to here. I got it within a week (lots faster than I was expecting after the implications of the shipping info from the seller, an EXTREMELY nice surprise). It may have been luck, but the feedback for the seller was very positive and I was happy to add to that. The cable worked perfectly in conjunction with RSD Lite, the latest drivers from Motorola and the stock system file which matched the one my phone came with originally. I flashed back to that stock system version and since by this point ICS was already pushed, I just kept using the system settings to "update system files" until I was finally on the .211 ICS OTA. Since then, I have been thoroughly enjoying ICS!

I hope this helps. You may also want to check in with the Black Hat Team as I think they may have restocked their Moto Factory Cables.N
I recall getting an email from them that they had some cables again, but it was after the fact for me so I didn't confirm that at all.

Best wishes, dude. Keep the faith... If my phone was salvaged, given the condition it was left in before the cable came, it's gotta be nearly impossible to be beyond repair!!!
thanks man, i am ordering the cable now from Hong Kong, i don't mind waiting