How can I get my D3 to stop importing all of my FB friends?

m85021

Reaction score
Hello all, D3/Android newb here.
My contact list is filled with 250 FB friends, which would be great, but they're all non-editable. I can't add phone numbers to any of them.
Last time, I deleted them all, except for the contacts I want on this phone. After the last sync, they're all back again.
I use the Android FB app, but I don't want this phone to suck in every single friend I have into my contact list. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it's from when you put your info into the social networking app. I believe when your phone syncs, it pulls your facebook contacts

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
Do you have FB setup in your accounts app? If so, remove that. You still can use the FB app as a stand alone app. That did it for me and some people I know.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
It is easy to stop FaceBook friends from appearing in your contacts.

1. Open Contacts
2. Menu/Display Options
3. Under "Choose Contacts to display", select FaceBook and uncheck 'All contacts'
4. Tap 'Save'

Good luck,
Bob

Fr33dom

Reaction score
REMilk's answer changes the display while nu2droid's stops the sync. Either may fit what you really need.

Reaction score
Or you can make a contact with the same name and edit everything you need there and merge it with the facebook contact.

-Saik0

OP
M

m85021

Reaction score
That did it!! Thanks Bob, I never would have found that.

It is easy to stop FaceBook friends from appearing in your contacts.

1. Open Contacts
2. Menu/Display Options
3. Under "Choose Contacts to display", select FaceBook and uncheck 'All contacts'
4. Tap 'Save'

Good luck,
Bob