How can I get information out of my phone with a broken screen?

frza50

Reaction score
I have a droid razr and broke the screen and cannot see anything other than the green light blinking. I connected it to the computer but it will not read it for some reason. I went to a verizon store and contacted them via telephone and they were no help! Any suggestions please.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have a droid razr and broke the screen and cannot see anything other than the green light blinking. I connected it to the computer but it will not read it for some reason. I went to a verizon store and contacted them via telephone and they were no help! Any suggestions please.
What information are you looking for?

OP
F

frza50

Reaction score
pictures

for some reason they are not on my sd card

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
for some reason they are not on my sd card
Yeah, when you take a picture it is stored on the internal memory, not the sdcard. You have to move them to your sdcard if that is where you want to store them. But that doesn't help now. This is a hard one. When you turn your phone on you say you see a green light blinking. Is that light the led or a light on the screen. Also, when you power off the phone and power it back on does it appear to be booting?

William_04_x

Reaction score
How about hooking up an HDMI cable to your TV to see what's going on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
F

frza50

Reaction score
I cant turn the phone off. THe green light is blinking and when the phone was still activated it was ringing

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Plug it into your computer connect USB mass storage and you can transfer anything you want from your phone onto your computer.

You could also use the HDMI cable to your tv as suggested above or use a Lapdock.

If your phone doesn't power on at all you can get verizon to pull your data off of it if they can (they charge you).

Unless you dropped your phone into a pool or totally smashed it you can usually get all the data back.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hard reset? Hold the volume down and the power button for 10 seconds. Phone will reboot, plug into your computer and see if it will read it then.