How can I Get DvD's onto my Droid X? Help!:)

Kesryth

Reaction score
I've been a Droid X owner since I pre-ordered almost a year ago.

However I've never really taken the time to figure out how to get DvD's I legally purchase and own, to be able to play them on my Droid X.

Is this possible, if so, how do I do it? If there's a post on this already can someone please link it to me as I tried searching and didn't find anything related.

Appreciate the help!:)

Best Regards,
-Kes

bernardino5

Reaction score
U need to burn the DVD then take that file and format it MPEG 4 so that ur phone can play the movie 2 separate programs "AVS" works good one to burn and another to format, don't know of any links though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kevinkar

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to get the DVD content off the DVD (you'll have to search out your own favorite method given it's still of questionable legality as to the ability to make personal copies of your own DVDs but that method is the same for making content for your PC, Linux, other media players, etc.)

Once you have the content off the DVD, you can simply use a program like Handbrake to convert it to mp4 format. I think you could also use iTunes to convert media to mp4 format but not sure if that suits your needs.

This phone forum is probably not the best place to get that kind of help. Google things like convert DVD to mp4 or copy movies to media player etc. and peruse those sites/forums. There are some posts here that discuss it though so do a thorough search here and you'll find some good information.

jayman350

Reaction score
DVD Catalyst

I use this to rip dvds as well as convert video files for playback on my D1. There are tons of devices that are supported as well as a couple options for quality. You can tweak just about every setting available.

I use it all the time for ripping and converting, well worth the $10.

I've tried a number of rippers and converters, DVD Catalyst has been the best one that I've used so far.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
DVD Catalyst

I use this to rip dvds as well as convert video files for playback on my D1. There are tons of devices that are supported as well as a couple options for quality. You can tweak just about every setting available.

I use it all the time for ripping and converting, well worth the $10.

I've tried a number of rippers and converters, DVD Catalyst has been the best one that I've used so far.

+1 best program out there IMHO

9wire

Reaction score
I put .avi files right on my sd card, mobo (free) plays them perfectly. Rockplayer lite works too.