How can I fix my Market app after 2.2 download?

kb3awq

Reaction score
having the same type of problem. Ive wiped everything, cleared everything, restored and reinstalled the FRG83 on my Droid 1 (rooted). Yesterday the market started getting weird and sluggish. When I would hit install it would act as if I pushed it but did nothing. Some of my apps have came back but others but of course are backed up. I tried Titanium backup and click restore and it just keeps saying installing. The market works until I get to the install button and click it, then it just says installing but doesnt do anything. Seems like something simple. Have been searching for the answer and have tried everything that I have read. hmmm. Some apps work and some dont

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Guys,

Not sure if this will definately work, but it has for some. You need to go into the settings menu, applications and find the market app. Clear the data. And another thing to try if rooted is to clear the dalvic cache. Couple of ways to do this, including Rom manager, or Titanium or a few apps in the market.

Craig

kb3awq

Reaction score
Ok. I tried that to but what I found was everything seems to install fine when I take the SD card out. So my guess is there is something corrupt on the SD card. It doesn't always happen to the same apps either which makes it even more interesting. Not so long ago I installed a fix which I don't remember what it was but it took care of a similar issue I was having that they would download but then try to install but failed. The current issue is they aren't pulling everything that's needed and when downloaded it tries to install but never says failed it just keeps trying to install