How can I extend battery life?

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Simple question, multiple answers I'm sure.. I don't want one stating to turn it off or more standby..

I have display set to automatic, and only have Tweetdeck updating every 2 hours. Possibly a rooted method or unrooted hopefully.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BORICUAPRINCE1

Reaction score
One of the reason why the droid x battery dies so quick is because you are powering a 4.3 inch screen I recommend using your battery status manager alot and make sure that any processes you are done with fully close down and not stay in the background and cut your screen brightness down and turn off wifi and gps this should give you a bit more life you can msg me for more help :)

erict

Reaction score
One of the reason why the droid x battery dies so quick is because you are powering a 4.3 inch screen I recommend using your battery status manager alot and make sure that any processes you are done with fully close down and not stay in the background and cut your screen brightness down and turn on wifi and gps this should give you a bit more life you can msg me for more help :)

Did you mean turn off??

the5barrons

Reaction score
Display set to auto should be fine.

I have data push off and anything that pulls on a regular basis is either set to pull only when I request it or on the hour (email only). I run few widgets Power control, Bible app, Weatherbug, calendar, and stick notes. None of which do any real pulling anyways.

I use wifi when wifi is available, it's less of a workload than when 3g is patchy and weak. GPS stays off unless I'm using it for something, and I'll turn it on and off as required.

I don't run a task killer and I have a pretty good habit of popping the top-lock every time I put the phone down (even though I get the slide unlock, I'm used to unlocking). I run a live wallpaper even though some would say it's a battery kill too (not sure how because either way, when the screen is lit, it's lit).

I am a moderate texter, and sometimes use slacker, and make a few phone calls a day, some longer than others. I normally get at least a full day charge on my stock battery. Lesser use, more battery. Heavy use, less battery.

Feel free to spend the money for the extended battery is you feel like you need it, but smart setup and use of the dx means the most for battery conservation. For instance, if I'm sitting next to my netbook, I use the netbook to check FB and email, instead of my DX.

Remember, it takes lots of bites to eat an elephant. The battery is a good one, although there are some bad batteries among us. If the phone overheats, it can kill battery life too. Don't overuse and overtask the processor...it will kill the battery too.

It's unlikely that you'll pull an app that really truly kills your battery. The app might make your phone pull non-stop or something weird...just watch what you install and how it makes your phone act.

Don't be afraid of a battery pull here and there. Remember, its a droid running an android OS. With high tech, comes less battery. Got to pay the piper some how.

good luck

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks the5barrons. I didn't know there was a better battery out there. I noticed there is a difference between the running apps in "manage apps" and running services? Do I need to stop apps to save battery life?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks the5barrons. I didn't know there was a better battery out there. I noticed there is a difference between the running apps in "manage apps" and running services? Do I need to stop apps to save battery life?

Nope. The android OS takes care of app closing on it's own.

I hesitate to call the extended a "better" battery. Just bigger.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Nope. The android OS takes care of app closing on it's own.

I hesitate to call the extended a "better" battery. Just bigger.

Thanks again, I kinda figured this battery would be bigger; I meant better in terms of battery charge..

I did notice certain apps close under "running services" after I close them, while others remained there as well as (the always open) running in "manage applications," at other times.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
One of the reason why the droid x battery dies so quick is because you are powering a 4.3 inch screen I recommend using your battery status manager alot and make sure that any processes you are done with fully close down and not stay in the background and cut your screen brightness down and turn on wifi and gps this should give you a bit more life you can msg me for more help :)

I believe the information in the battery section are just battery usage statistics.. If I stop using the app, it slowly removes itself from the battery statistics.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I looked at turning down the brightness and was unsatisfied..I then turned it higher, but lower than the auto setting, and noticed the screen was brighter at times than if I just left it set to auto.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Also, I will not force stop apps, but rather close them if I notice them open. Time to download the Tasker.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Astro app is doing me good!