How can I download from the browser

ucpro

Reaction score
I cannot download anything from the stock browser on froyo. what can I do to make it work

ChugIt

Reaction score
Open Astro File Manager, Menu>More>Preferences>2nd to last option "Enable Browser Downloader", click it.

There may be others ways, this is how I do it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cannot download anything from the stock browser on froyo. what can I do to make it work

What do you mean you can't download anything? Give us an example so we can see what you're talking about.

I've been able to do downloads on my 2.2 browser.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open Astro File Manager, Menu>More>Preferences>2nd to last option "Enable Browser Downloader", click it.

There may be others ways, this is how I do it.

Yeah, you shouldn't need astro to download from your browser. That might mean browser to astro.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Well sometimes I couldn't download say an .flv file for example. The browser would say that content is not supported. Now it lets me since I clicked that option in Astro. I dunno, is there some other method to allow the "unsupported content" to download?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well sometimes I couldn't download say an .flv file for example. The browser would say that content is not supported. Now it lets me since I clicked that option in Astro. I dunno, is there some other method to allow the "unsupported content" to download?

I don't use Astor anymore, maybe Linda just does it automatically.

I haven't downloaded anything in a bit so I'm not sure.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
when i enable it in astro, it's pretty much hit and miss...some mp3s i can download, some i can't. trying to download an album never works. it just keeps saying download unseccessful.

there used to be an app called download crutch and that would let u download anything u wanted, but i can't find it in the market anymore

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use the stock browser anymore. Maybe try Dolphin HD or xScope.

Opera mini is also pretty cool. Sometimes when there's a redirect to an MP3 file, Opera Mini is the only browser I've found that handles it properly. Opera is also the only browser, to my knowledge, that allows you to upload files from your droid.

I've got 'em all installed...Dolphin (no HD), Steel, Skyfire

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
I don't use the stock browser anymore. Maybe try Dolphin HD or xScope.

Opera mini is also pretty cool. Sometimes when there's a redirect to an MP3 file, Opera Mini is the only browser I've found that handles it properly. Opera is also the only browser, to my knowledge, that allows you to upload files from your droid.

I've got 'em all installed...Dolphin (no HD), Steel, Skyfire

how does flash run on those