How can I divide old iPhone Pics from new Droid Pics on phone?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I have a Moto Z Force running recent Android 7.0. I have an iDrive backup Cloud account that I used to back up my videos & pictures from my old iPhone5s. I now have all my old iPhone pictures & vids stores on my Moto Z, plus all the pics & vids I’ve added since I made the switch to new phone back in December. I spoke with iDrive & they said if I put the iDrive app on my new droid phone & run it, the system would back up all the pics & vids on my phone which would basically make over 3000 extra copies of pics/vids already on the cloud service, which I don’t want to do. They recommended I create a new folder on my Moto Z & move the iPhone files there & then have the iDrive app linked to my photo library so it will backup the stuff I’ve added since the phone switch & moving forward. So the questions are?
-Is it possible to separate my pictures into different folders, like Old iPhone folder?
-If so, how can I do that?
-Does this sound like the best course of action to start backing up my Moto Z pics/Vids?
-Are all my Photos & Videos taken on the phone automatically stored in Google Photos app & backed up? I don’t remember setting that up. Is there supposed to be a stand alone ‘Photo” folder that I go to get photos by default?

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I will have to think about the other questions, but I have user-created folders on my Z Force SD card where I put all pictures from previous phones. They then display as Pictures in the gallery and new pictures taken with the phone display as Camera.

To answer the last question (-Are all my Photos & Videos taken on the phone automatically stored in Google Photos app & backed up? I don’t remember setting that up. Is there supposed to be a stand alone ‘Photo” folder that I go to get photos by default?) Yes & No. Yes, the Google Photos app is the stock "Gallery" on the Z Force for viewing your pictures. No, it does not automatically back up our pictures. You have to open the Photos app Settings and turn backup On and set when the backup occurs, etc.