How can I disable Pop-Ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhdot

Reaction score
Hello Droiders!!!
Please help me with an issue....I am new to droid. Really new. I come from along history of using Blackberry. I was really savy with BB and felt like I could crack any issue, but this droid issue has me stumped. I go thru about 3000text per month. I DO NOT LIKE THAT POP UP THAT COMES WHEN YOU GET A TEXT MESSAGE.Why would the developers come up with that, and not being able to turn it off?
Well, you can turn it off, but it kills all notifications and unless you want
to check your phone every 2 min, you will not be responsive to your pals. So, on my older blackberry, when you recieved a text, there was a vibration and a icon of a envelope on te task bar at the top...thats what I want. I want to be notified by a buzz and an icon, but no way do I want the pop up....Says: Leslie- come see me tonight!!! Please tell me how to kill this pop up.
I will try either an application or altering/ managing the stock app.
And to go further, moving from BBIM to Gchat is a major adjustment as well...lol
Why would I want the entire message to scroll over the top when I recieve a chat?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Pop ups are bad news.

JK

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please do not cross post. Post your thread in one spot, if you feel that's the wrong area report the thread and a moderator will move it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.