How can I copy and paste?

reidbelstock

Reaction score
I am trying to copy and paste from my emails to my calendar. I am using the keypad now. I found that if I hold down the shift button I can use my finger, but so far it is not very accurate, and I am not getting the information I need without a great deal of copying, and deleting the extra parts as I go because I can't seem to get only the parts I am needing. Does anyone know of a more accurate way to do this? I was hoping the pad would help, but it only seems to recognize the phone numbers and email links.

Any help would be great.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to copy and paste from my emails to my calendar. I am using the keypad now. I found that if I hold down the shift button I can use my finger, but so far it is not very accurate, and I am not getting the information I need without a great deal of copying, and deleting the extra parts as I go because I can't seem to get only the parts I am needing. Does anyone know of a more accurate way to do this? I was hoping the pad would help, but it only seems to recognize the phone numbers and email links.

Any help would be great.

Unfortunately the only way to really do it is the way you described. I don't know why somebody doesn't build an app for this. Copy/paste in other parts of the Droid aren't so difficult but email it'a a real pia.

sdouglashceng

Reaction score
Use Swype to copy/paste

If you can get Swype on your phone, copy/paste is incredibly easy. Just slide your finger from the blue 'S' swype key to the SYM key and it brings up the edit keyboard. Hit 'Select All', then 'Copy'. Then navigate to the app where you want your text, tap in the text input field, slide your finger from the blue 'S' sype key to the SYM key to bring up the edit keyboard again, then in Paste. BAM, your text is copied and pasted. Very fast and easy...if you have Swype.

Derkle

Reaction score
If you can get Swype on your phone, copy/paste is incredibly easy.

I can't get the keyboard to come up? :icon_eek:

Just slide your finger from the blue 'S' swype key to the SYM key and it brings up the edit keyboard. Hit 'Select All', then 'Copy'. Then navigate to the app where you want your text, tap in the text input field, slide your finger from the blue 'S' sype key to the SYM key to bring up the edit keyboard again, then in Paste. BAM, your text is copied and pasted..

I can't get the keyboard to come up? :icon_evil:

Very fast and easy...if you have Swype.

Easy for you to say. :) And I do have Swype.

Last edited: